Favorite Waltz Music

Saddle the Wind
Dark Waltz
Flying
Rudy
Ok... I really like

Dark Waltz performed by Hayley Westenra, but who are the artists that perform the other songs you recommended.

So far, for example, I've found Rage's performance of "Saddle the Wind", but i'm guessing that's not what you meant.

Ok... I really like

Dark Waltz performed by Hayley Westenra, but who are the artists that perform the other songs you recommended.

So far, for example, I've found Rage's performance of "Saddle the Wind", but i'm guessing that's not what you meant.
Flying is by Cait Agus Sean (sp?)
You can hear it (and see it danced too) here
[yt]SGzDaVLOGLQ[/yt]

tsb

through the use of tempo changing freeware audacity when needed, i now regularly use the following songs (at anywhere from 90-120 BPM):

junk, dear someone - sara gazarek
hit the ground, reaching for the moon - lizz wright
lucky - bif naked
a day goes by - shao rong
being in love - diana krall
between - vienna tang
come away with me - norah jones
meeting of tribes (with drum opening snipped out) - baka beyond
you and me - lifehouse

through the use of tempo changing freeware audacity when needed, i now regularly use the following songs (at anywhere from 90-120 BPM):

junk, dear someone - sara gazarek
hit the ground, reaching for the moon - lizz wright
lucky - bif naked
a day goes by - shao rong
being in love - diana krall
between - vienna tang
come away with me - norah jones
meeting of tribes (with drum opening snipped out) - baka beyond
you and me - lifehouse
"you and me - lifehouse" is a great viennese waltz

tsb

Yes, every time I hear it on the radio I want to dance.

Also love:

Nino Rota- The Godfather's Waltz
Josh Groban- So She Dances
Hayley Westenra- Dark Waltz (as mentioned above)
unfortunately, so she dances is almost 5 minutes long. trimming out the intro brings it down to 4:30 which is probably ok but i'd hate to dj a lot of songs that long - that would bring it down to only 13 dances in a hour. i aim for about 16/hr or 4 every 15 minutes.

Josh

"The Truth" by Si*Sé is maybe the most sensual sounding VW I have ever heard... it sends chills down my spine...

btw fasc, the Alicia Keys song is just called "Fallin'" ... I had not heard it before but when I searched iTunes for it I discovered that that's the name. :) It's like the song I mentioned above, if you were going to dance to it at a more reasonable tempo you'd have to slow it down maybe 3-4 percent to get it to international tempo, and even further for american. Both HOT songs ! :) Oh, and I did a show number to Iris once--it's so pretty!

Peaches

Oooh...love "Fallin'" by Alicia Keys...dance AT to that quite frequently.

For VW, I love "La Del Ruso" by Gotan Project (love how odd it is, and the syncopation, and the unbelievable swing to the music).

I also love "Will and Elizabeth" from the Pirates of the Caribbean score (the first one). It would work for a showcase, but not social dancing, because there are either two or three spots where it switches from 3/4 to 2/4. Again, I love the syncopation. (Actually, a lot of the music from the Pirates scores is in compound meter.)

Edit to add: A drawback to a lot of the Pirates stuff that's in 6/8 is that it's not uncommon for the music to switch from emphasizing the two sets of three, to emphasizing three sets of two. One of the wonderful pitfalls of 6/8 stuff that makes it so intriguing.

Josh

I just thought it sounded really familiar like someone did a showdance to it or something, or maybe it was played at a comp..idk
Oh ok--well I most recently heard it a couple of weeks ago at a comp, and I'm sure it's been done (maybe overdone?), but I still love it :)

Two for You

Dance of Light by Nicholas Gunn form the Great Smoke Mountain CD.

Just did a showcase waltz with The Chairmans' Waltz from the movie Memoirs of a Geisha. It had to be slowed down but the melody is lovely. Both available from Itunes and you can buy the individual cuts at 99 cents!

I could use some help

I have been trying to update.. and I mean UPDATE.. the Waltz Music... my teacher uses.... If I have to dance to "The Story of Tina" one more time.. the world will be short one dance instructor.. most of the suggestions here.. are for experienced dancers.. now I personally have liked many or the Waltz's posted ...but I keep getting.. "not strong enough tempo to teach to.. etc...etc..etc..".... any up to date.. modern clear tempi Waltz's I could download or suggest.. Thank you Priate Smith.

Also .. he has a thing about songs lasting over 3.5 minutes.. I don't know why.. heck he just puts most of them on continuous replay.. gawd.. how I hate Elvis..

rejected Waltz's so far..
Alleghany Moon of Anne Murray.. ( my personal fav)
True Love
Dancin like Lovers.. D. Warwick
Close Enough
Secret Love Anne Murray again.. I think he has a thing against A. Murray...
Anything by Secret Gardens... what just because you have to have some style/musicality, to dance to these.. whats the problem...

get the idea of where I am/was trying to go..

Thank you ... Pirate Smith

I have been trying to update.. and I mean UPDATE.. the Waltz Music... my teacher uses.... If I have to dance to "The Story of Tina" one more time.. the world will be short one dance instructor.. most of the suggestions here.. are for experienced dancers.. now I personally

Akkk i know what you mean! I was never a bit fan of Elton John's Candle in the wind... The tribute to Dianna version
.. But for some reason it's the waltz of choice at our studio.. They could at least use the other version of Candle in the wind is a song about Marilyn Monroe..
But you all have some great suggestions here and i'll take them into consideration if we ever do a routine to a waltz...

Dance Ads