Favorite Waltz Music

My favourite playlist for waltz would be:

Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome Tonight
Nat King Cole - Fascination
Djordje Balasevic - Dodjoska
Oliver Dragojevic - Vjeruj u ljubav
Oliver Dragojevic - Vela luka

waltzguy

one of my favorite now is "If I Were a Painting" by Kenny Rogers, but be warned, it is slooow, i think it's around 25 bpm. that's what I like though, illegally slow waltzes!

Yup, I love that one... just not enough else (if anything) on that double CD to get me to buy it. Along cheerful lines, I like 'Distant Melody' from Ballroom Desire (nice show length at 1m 55s), and not as cheerful I really like 'A Moment Lost' from Ballroom Fascination.

I sympathise with Pirate Smith about Story of Tina. When i was doing my silver medal classes in 1963, my teacher played "Singing Piano" by Victor Silvester every blasted week: diddly-DEE, diddly-DEE, diddly-DEE, diddly-DUM . . . drove me mad. The record came up on ebay recently and I bought it. It was 49p, and actually is quite a nice tune. I might even play it again in another 45 years time, if I'm still around . . . bit unlikely though.

Being partial to rock, in addition to those mentioned by others in this thread (Natural Woman, Take It To The Limit, Are You Lonesome Tonight), my list would include:

Beatles - Here, There and Everywhere
Byrds - Hickory Wind
Elvis Presley - Bitter They Are, Harder They Fall
Flying Burrito Brothers - Sin City
Jackie Deshannon - What The World Needs Now
Moody Blues - Go Now (a bit fast)
Wings - Mull Of Kintyre

I'm not aware of any waltzes by Lancelot Link and the Evolution - but I'll look into it.

davedove

If you're not opposed to country music, it's packed with waltzes of different speeds.

Just a few:

Can I Have This Dance - Anne Murray
Broken Wing - Martina McBride
You Look So Good in Love - George Strait
I'm Still a Guy - Brad Paisley

The theme from the movie "Finding Nemo" actually makes a gorgeous waltz. Specifically, the title of it is: Main Title: Nemo Egg. I'm serious.

so..

does anyone know of any strictly intramental waltz music? I heard some today, but I forgot to get the name. something really moving would be great :D

waltzguy

does anyone know of any strictly intramental waltz music? I heard some today, but I forgot to get the name. something really moving would be great :D
first, welcome to dance forums.

if you want strictly instrumental and moving, I suggest Apassionata by Secret Garden, it's on a CD called White Stones, track no.9. Be warned, it is very slow, too slow for strict tempo. But boy is it melodic, moving, and extremely waltzable.

Does anyone know of any artist that plays these tunes in 3/4-time?

• Summertime - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgQUNjn7nt4
  • What a Wonderful World - http://nz.video.yahoo.com/watch/337974/2171459
  • Roma nun fa la stupida stasera (Italian standard) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNDXCopi6ao

Well, if you're looking for something a bit extreme on the non-traditional side

Nothing Else Matters, by Metallica.

The version from their S&M album (joint concert with the San Fran Symphony) actually works fairly well.

Also, Moving On, by Rascal Flatts, isn't too bad as long as you don't mind a bit of a twang.

Dance Ads