... it's physically impossible to change your mind when half-way through doing a volcada, without falling over.
Stop it by placing youself for wrapping that leg around you and then
- a rebound and continuing from there
- keeping the wrap and walking CCW around the woman
At the utmost leaning of the woman, then you can either
- reverse it linerally or as boleo
- land gently and put weight on the woman' circling foot and continue from there
- stop the women in that maximun supension and drag her into a sostenida
- increase the momentum and let her fly while you lift her and turn clockwise
Stop it before the actual cross (I call it "faked volcada") and lead it out
by linear or circular walking
Most of these variations require a very good communication of the couple and very good stability in the woman's back - otherwise it can hurt badly.