food journal

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
thusfar today; special K "we promise it's uber healthy" breakfast sammich plus two hash brown patties with cheese and sriracha, which I promise is not healthy...pomegranate lychee green anti-oxidant tea

healthy choice baked ziti in a box.....

nap immanant...then off to a much needed workout...planning that dinner will be out of my long neglected garden

Hedwaite

A double cheeseburger, a large coke, a whole bag of multi-potato (batata, yarrow, parsnip, sweet potato, etc.) chips, then an Italian roast beef with extra cheese, ruffle potato chips, a large sweet tea, and now, a large bear claw and a large icy coke.

llamasarefuzzy

Breakfast ... Multi grain waffles with peanut butter and blueberries
Lunch ... chili
Snack... Vanilla yogurt
Dinner.. Chicken kebabs grilled with peppers, tomatoes and mushrooms, rice with peas and cranberries
Snack... Strawberries and whipped cream.. Mmmmm...

Hedwaite

A double cheeseburger with ham and horseradish mayo on a pretzel bun, fries, and sweet iced tea. Now, a half a small cheese pizza and a giant coke. I forgot to get the cheese-stuffed breadsticks I was going to.

Hedwaite

If that's the only reason they can find, then they aren't looking all that hard.

I read somewhere that smaller, more frequent meals throughout the day (my timeline was unclear) were more beneficial than three stark squares. I've tried the uber-healthy food approach and for long periods of time I will do noting but salads and politically correct sandwiches and sometimes that's what I need for that period of time, like staying really busy on the go in hot weather. Then, other times, I need something a little more gravity-friendly, and I'd rather not be hungry, unfocused, and miserable. I'd rather eat junk than drink a lot or smoke, and sometimes our locations aren't knife-and-fork friendly so much as huddle-over-counter-hurry. My goals also differ from someone on a pro-am circuit or shaping up for their close-up.

To be clear, is this thread ONLY for people on a particular plan, or is it for people just documenting what goes in? I wouldn't have walked into an AA meeting with a Colt 45, if I'd been aware. I like to look back and find patterns that correlate with certain events and see if I can find habits that need to continue or break in my regimen.

Lioness

Hedwaite...I have used it before for non-healthy things...I don't think it's strictly a healthy thread at all...that's the the exercise/diet support group is for :)

Today so far...2 boiled eggs, salad and ham sandwich x2...to come, salmon and sweet potato...maybe a banana. Not sure yet.

Hedwaite

Gotcha. I admit- I don't eat like you guys, and it shows, but I'm okay with it. Whenever I get winded walking from the car into Wal-Mart, I know it's 'Time' to 'Change Things'. I do my exercises and cut back and dance more rhythm/latin. Yikes, does that sound like "Don't worry, man, that's not me- I know when to quit"??

I behaved myself at a buffet. I had a giant salad, ONE pork-loin slab of awesome, and a baked potato. It was a long evening- I needed fuel.

Cal

A cup of cheerios, yogurt and raspberries, and lots of tea for breakfast
Way too many black grapes, a box of table water crackers, and lots of water for snack/lunch,
Salmon, crusted with cous cous and baked, with a drizzling of tomato/olive vinaigrette, over a bed of spinach, with steamed green beans and some roasted vegetables, with a glass of pino grigio for dinner
Probably lots of chamomile tea before bed

Hedwaite

Pulled pork, mashed potatoes, and peanut butter M&Ms. Also some fizzy weird immuno boost fruity drink mixed in with water, because it's that season.

Dance Ads