thusfar; more leftover quiche and keilbasa from Easter, with hashed browns on the side
3 pieces of a tombstone pizza and few rice crackers with bleu cheese
...and dinner is going to be a pork roast in white wine, and rosemary with potatoes, green beans and celery....dh has bough haagen daas ice cream toffee bars for his birthday which is tomo but we are celebrating today
thusfar just sausage patties and hashed browns at breakfast (with cholula, a1 and sour cream...ooops) and an bottle of unsweet tea and a glass of semi sweet michigan white wine presently (lunch replacement).....and, it's the friday scavenger hunt for dinner...so planning a veggie rice casserole and chef salads for dinner as well as steamed fresh green beans and yellow cake with white frosting and toffee crumbles for dh...that will be around 7
- coffee x2, whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter
- water, leftover homemade beef and veg stir fry on brown rice
- more water, chocolate melba toast
- 2 scrambled eggs with ketchup, toast with jam, kiwi, tea
- carrot smoothie (from a container - I was lazy), and a bunch of water during class and practice
- 2 laughing cow cheese wedges, handful of triscuit crackers, more smoothie
This looks like a lot, but I woke up with a bit of a headache this morning - and that generally means not enough food the day before
Saturday: I sleep in later than planned, throwing my meal schedule all off, and making it hard to fit the right amount of eating properly timed around the two 2-3 hour stretches of dance planned - 1 scheduled for the afternoon (lessons and practice), another after dinner (social party, where I help host and therefore dance a lot).
- Two eggs, half a large tomato, toast, 3 slices turkey lunch meat, coffee with cream
- Coffee, lots of water, glass carrot smoothie
- Big salad with grilled chicken breast, baby greens, almonds, peppers and dried cranberries with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dressing
- Unsweet yogurt with strawberries, handful caramel popcorn, 1 mini cinnamon roll, water
- More yogurt, coffee, followed immediately by a glass of wine, and an obscenely large amount of fresh strawberries
Hunger headache continued on-and-off all day, this was also apparently not enough (or not appropriately spaced) food. Sigh.
Also a late night conversation with pros as I'm falling on the strawberries like I haven't eaten in weeks that they are jealous, as they work so hard to drop/stay at weight, and I just, well, don't and appear to still be losing inches. They're actually happy to hear that I have a dr.'s appointment this week where I will be weighed and bloodwork will likely be run. While I keep explaining that this is not abnormal for me when my activity level and corresponding amount of muscle gets really high, they're a little worried. Double sigh.
I am trying very hard to remember something that I read once that had suggestions for what type of food you might need more of based on symptoms (hunger vs. getting light headed, for example). I mentioned it on another thread and the idea is that everybody's "carburetor" works a little differently and needs a different mix. This was said in the context of eating frequent small meals and how to rebalance the content of the meals if what you were doing wasn't working well. Did you need more protein, complex carbohydrates, or (healthful) fats? I'm not going to remember the details…. I think I forgot them once I used the ideas to help figure out what I needed. Sorry!!
No problem... but this is exactly what I'm trying to figure out. If you do recall the reference, please let me know. I'm also trying to track down a nutritionist that specializes in sports nutrition to consult with - I eat well, and do the 5 or 6 small meals a day thing, but I apparently still need some help tweaking things