funniest thing a coach has ever said about your dancing

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
gotta laugh...I have permission to share this by the way...about 4 months ago or so when John Swick was looking at my arm styling on a crossover, he goes....lol..."you you like a da-- chrysler hood ornament"...this just slayed me I thought it was so hysterical and spot on....(he says plenty of nice stuff too, btw)...but there I am standing with both of my arms flung out and way too far back...and well...you had to love it...now bear in mind, I had permission to to share...

so I am wondering have any of you had some funny moments in a coaching you would like to share...you needn't say with whom...in fact that might be preferable ...just thought it might be fun

Larinda McRaven

Site Moderator
Staff member
"I can dance it much better when I am sitting because I don't have to listen to the music!"

WHAT? How non sequitur can you get? I laughed out loud so hard at that one.

etp777

hahahah, I wouldn't even know what to say to that one. Further proof that pro/buddy teacher/everyone are wrong, and I'm right, that I should NOT be a teacher. :)

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
and another...I will not out the female coach..."now dear, you must always give the man your left breast"...uh...I looked at pro...turning red....giggle

etp777

Heh, vicious and foxtrot are definitely not two words I like to put together. :)

and wont' touch the other one. Pun not intended, but funny regardless. :)

etp777

I'd think it'd depend. Working with variuos coaches, choreographers, etc, seems to be two real attitudes with foxtrot, either a very smooth more sophisticated dance, or a lot more sexy, fun foxtrot. Depending on hwo's choreographing it, first will be more closed, second more open, though not always. I know parents and friend both commented on that when particular choreographer in our chain did new dances for each of them. He's known for particular sexy/crazy choreography, and he (and the pros in question) all described it as a differnet goal/style (while still being Foxtrot, of course :) ), of foxtrot.

Course, that may just be us in this chain.

Josh

and another...I will not out the female coach..."now dear, you must always give the man your left breast"...uh...I looked at pro...turning red....giggle
I will not out this one either, but he always says to my students, in a british accent, "There's a saying in England... always take your left ***** toward the queen in the balcony..."

Dance Ads