gratitude thread

Laura

Greatful for my non-dancing friends, who missed me while I was working on USA Dance Nationals and are invading my house tonight (in a good way) so we can catch up. :)

mamboqueen

Greatful for my non-dancing friends, who missed me while I was working on USA Dance Nationals and are invading my house tonight (in a good way) so we can catch up. :)
and, isn't it nice to have a completely different "world" to fall back on when you've had it up_to_here with dancing? I thoroughly appreciate my family more than ever....they still love me even when I get lousy results. So, another think the be grateful for!

Peaches

Update:

DH is fine, at home, and currently driving me crazy with his piano practicing.

Random atrial fibrulation (sp?) which, with massive quatities of meds (gratitude: meds), corrected itself after about 5 hours. Leaving DH very fidgety, hungry, and concerned about all the stuff he needed to get done for his business which he obviously didn't get to. When he started asking for a pen & paper to write his to do list for tomorrow and to brainstorm, I knew he was all better.

Oh, and what happens when you put a musician in an ER room, with nothing to do, but hooked up to a machine that beeps if you do a particular thing? (The machine that goes, "PING!") Answer: You end up with said musician finding new and interesting ways to make the machine beep in various rhythms.:doh:

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
Update:

DH is fine, at home, and currently driving me crazy with his piano practicing.

Random atrial fibrulation (sp?) which, with massive quatities of meds (gratitude: meds), corrected itself after about 5 hours. Leaving DH very fidgety, hungry, and concerned about all the stuff he needed to get done for his business which he obviously didn't get to. When he started asking for a pen & paper to write his to do list for tomorrow and to brainstorm, I knew he was all better.

Oh, and what happens when you put a musician in an ER room, with nothing to do, but hooked up to a machine that beeps if you do a particular thing? (The machine that goes, "PING!") Answer: You end up with said musician finding new and interesting ways to make the machine beep in various rhythms.:doh:
thank goodness he is okay

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
I am so grateful for dh(always am...that's always the unspoken answer) but as I was with one of the engaged couples I am dealing with last night, I was reminded again of how much we have accomplshed and of what a pleasure he has always been

Peaches

I'm taking a page out of Fascination's book today--I'm grateful for DH and the person that he is.

Found out last night that sis-in-law is planning on leaving her husband--married for 13 year, together for about 15. Thought everything was great between them--she's always been head-over-heels for him. And then...this.

She's got her reasons, which make sense, but wow...I'm reminded of how fortunate I am that DH is the kind of guy for whom no work is beneath him if need be. And who's willing to go to counseling to make things work.

Peaches

Ya know, it's interesting. When this thread was first started, I couldn't really think of anything that seemed worth posting about.

Now, though, I've got a backlog of things I can think of that I'm grateful for. I'm "irked" that we're only supposed to list one thing...how can I only be grateful for one thing?!?!

Thanks for starting the thread, Fascination. (gratitude: Fascination)

DancePoet

Yesterday I was grateful for a client providing me with more business. :cool:

Today, I'm grateful for ... oh, I just can't say this on an on-line forum. :nope:

Today, I'm grateful for the fact that I wasn't awakened at 2am by my aunt's cat jumping on me. It's the first night in a little more than a week now where I've slept through the night.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
Ya know, it's interesting. When this thread was first started, I couldn't really think of anything that seemed worth posting about.

Now, though, I've got a backlog of things I can think of that I'm grateful for. I'm "irked" that we're only supposed to list one thing...how can I only be grateful for one thing?!?!

Thanks for starting the thread, Fascination. (gratitude: Fascination)
thats kind of thw whole point...I was having a very bad week and a major pity party...and I thought...hmmm...anyhow, I also really want to have to prioritize and think about which one I am going to post...and I want to keep doing it...hence the annoying rules...and thanks for the compliment...hug

Dance Ads