Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Purr

I'm getting better at making smoothies. I made smoothies on Friday with strawberries, raspberries, and a little bit of spinach leaves. It was great, and had a wonderful color. I made smoothies again Sunday with strawberries, raspberries, banana, a little orange, and the rest of the spinach leaves. Ok, it was an everything but the kitchen sink approach, but it wasn't bad.

I've come to realize there's a big difference in the smoothies you might buy at a shop, or a pre-made smoothie from a grocery store, in terms of taste, color, texture, and nutritional value.

pygmalion

I'm getting better at making smoothies. I made smoothies on Friday with strawberries, raspberries, and a little bit of spinach leaves. It was great, and had a wonderful color. I made smoothies again Sunday with strawberries, raspberries, banana, a little orange, and the rest of the spinach leaves. Ok, it was an everything but the kitchen sink approach, but it wasn't bad.

I've come to realize there's a big difference in the smoothies you might buy at a shop, or a pre-made smoothie from a grocery store, in terms of taste, color, texture, and nutritional value.

Yep. Night and day difference. Very cool. :)

mindputtee

My right turn signal had randomly stopped working a few months ago (after going intermittent and then final ceasing all together). A few days ago, it started intermittently working only in the rear (and blinking double speed). Today, it returned to functioning normally. Nobody claims to have done anything to it. Silly car.

Peaches

You all know I've been whining about this freakin' application for promotion. I'm almost through--the process and the whining--I promise. Yesterday I had a long conversation with my boss (who reviewed the draft of my application). T'was an exceptionally good conversation, and she provided the vision (for lack of a better word) that I needed in order to go through and completely rewrite things...and also to sell myself for the interview (something I am exceptionally bad at). Specifically, she suggested I think about things in terms of how I intend to use my particular strengths to carve out a niche/create a new and unique role for myself which would be to the benefit of the division. Huh...I hadn't thought about it in those terms before. Good advice, methinks.

In asking me to think about what made me different from other candidates, and what my strengths are (something I'm OK at recognizing, but horrible at recognizing the implications of), she also led me to feel more confident about my chances. No...that's not quite right. She helped me to feel more self-confident about myself as a candidate. I've been very concerned because I don't have the strength in publishing/conference presenting that others have, and because I don't have much (if any) real leadership. Well, beyond my projects, but that's a given at this point. She made the point that that was OK, because I have different skills to offer and have other things which make me unique. How 'bout that? I'm unique! I have skilz to offer!

Pretty cool.

Peaches

Yeah, I was joking with my coworker (who is also applying) that the stupid questions you have to answer without answering basically come down to: I rite good, I am nice to people, I use de kompooter good. *bang head on wall* Oh yeah, I do all of that creatively and with originality. *shoots writer of non-question questions*

Purr

Yeah, I was joking with my coworker (who is also applying) that the stupid questions you have to answer without answering basically come down to: I rite good, I am nice to people, I use de kompooter good. *bang head on wall* Oh yeah, I do all of that creatively and with originality. *shoots writer of non-question questions*
It took me a second to figure out what "de kompooter" meant. I must be slow this morning. :confused:

Dance Ads