Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

pygmalion

Random: My next post will be my 50,000 th. Gotta make it count. No silliness, for post 50,000. Hmm. May be a while before I think of something worth posting. :D

Speaking of silly: Psych is back tonight. Yay!

Peaches

My coworkers already think I'm nuts...and scary. I'm trying to minimize that. All efforts to reduce/eliminate personality are underway at work. VW-ing down the long corridors would not be helpful.

Subliminal

Random thought/question for the void:

I'm not a big Facebook photo person... But I have a bunch of wedding pics people probably want to see. What's the best resolution for FB? My photos are all high res.

Thanks!

Peaches

Effect of Sequester, Phase 1: scrambling to justify/rework various plans in the face of upcoming cuts.

Effect of Sequester, Phase 2: with a new heads-up about furloughs, lots of overtime to get ahead with work and to get projects to the point where deadlines can still be met. Sigh.

pygmalion

Random: Ordering a sandwich at Subway is always an adventure.

First, there was the grown man who, when asked what kind of cheese he wanted, said, "White." Uhh. white is a color. And oh btw we have three different kinds of white cheese. What kind of cheese do you want, sir?"

Then there was the man who absolutely insisted that the "sandwich artist" break the sequence, go over to the condiments section during the middle of the lunch rush, so she could DRENCH his bread in oil and vinegar before she started the sandwich. Then, of course, he asked for more and vinegar after the sandwich was done.

Then there was the couple who clearly had no idea of what they wanted for lunch and who had to consult each other every step of the way. "Come on folks! Surely by now, you know whether or not you like onion!"

This is why I couldn't work in retail. The sheer random weirdness of people would drive me crazy.

On a tangential note: Why do people always say black olives, even when there are no green olives around? Just curious.

Dance Ads