Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Peaches

While in the process of losing weight it's rather depressing to find it hasn't really paid off in terms if clothing sizes. OTOH, I currently have wearable clothes in sizes ranging from 4 to 12, so I guess they're about worth the paper they're printed on.

OTOOH, I found an absolutely perfect, gorgeous dress that is professional enough for work and will also work for dressed-up casual things. The traditional 1950s-esque fitted bodice to A-line skirt with a belt sort of dress rarely fails me, and always looks classy.

Peaches

Hm. We've decided to start getting our dairy from a local place that delivers. They have non-homogenized milk available. Never had it, so I'm intensely curious. Cursory internet research suggests the cream top is good to use like clotted cream. Much debating...

NURDRMS

Spring??? It was 18 degrees and snowing here yesterday. Have a race to run on Saturday and hoping temps make it back into the 50s by then; really am a cold weather whimp when it comes to running.

Lioness

Car just keeps on breaking...today it is the water pump, which was fixed less than 6 months ago, not working again.

Not happy...but can't afford a new car.

Thinking I might look into a "car emergency" credit card...I'm good at paying things off, and bad at saving up. Once I fix the water pump, which hopefully the mechanic will do at a discount seeing as he put it in and it's already broken, it still needs services, tyres, etc. etc.
All of which, once fixed, will get me a very nicely running car, but cost money I don't have saved up at the moment.

NURDRMS

You guys are crazy! Speaking of crazy, tomorrow I am doin' the Dirty Girl with my 16yo daughter; a 5K obstacle course thru the mud to raise $$$ for breast cancer research. Amazed I've been able to talk daughter into this event, since she'd much rather sit at home with her phone. But she said as long as we wear capes during the race she is perfectly willing to get out there and run/climb/crawl through the mud. Capes??? She's crazy!

Lioness

Built up a friendship with one of my regulars...mentioned to boss that we're going out to town together sometime soon.

Boss says "Watch out though...she's, you know, a lesbian"
I know hun. I don't really think I have anything to worry about there, lol.

Dance Ads