Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Sania

I was once at a comp which was running ahead, and the MC said before a quickstep "since we're running ahead of schedule, we will run this quickstep for 15 minutes, since we know it's your favorite dance".
I may have to use that one next time I MC!

Of course we would have to _be_ ahead of schedule for it to work :)

Joe

I was talking to my sister last night, and she was telling me about this time her 14-year old son was talking about Dr. Who with a friend. At one point, the Fifth Doctor apparently came up in their conversation, and she chimed in that she'd had a huge crush on him growing up. Apparently, she broke the poor boy's brain. :D
"Also, I can kill you with my brain."

Hedwaite

I like when my Ulta circular arrives, because of the fragrance pages. This last one had Uomo in it, so I took it out and clipped it above my computer monitor. Now my workspace smells like decadently-starved, swarthy Italian twenty-something boys with amazingly careless hair... and possibly a hint of vetiver, to complete that woodsy, urban, scandalous waft of salacious aforethought.

Hedwaite

The local celeb assigned to my partner for an upcoming charity event is SUCH a model student. Friendly, interested, learns quickly, motivated, has already done her homework and scored a FABULOUS sparkly red dress from ebay, and there are no downsides to working with her. She's always on time and ready to get started, and I can't wait to see how this shapes up. At first, I was going to use "pretty filler" choreo with a lot of flailing and spinning and lines, but now that I see she can actually balance herself and dance, we're going to go mostly international tango. I panicked over the routine for ages, but now it's starting to shape up.

Hedwaite

1: Ranbir Kapoor is gorgeous.

2: I've been singing "Gin n' Juice" all damned day, catching myself doing so aloud. Once you catch yourself, you wonder how many times you HAVEN'T, but other people have. I can just see my little 7 o'clock waltz couple now, "Who listen, to da wurdz dat ah speak as ah take me a drink to the middle of the street ..." facepalm.

Hedwaite

Congratsies!

It was a good day of teaching here, so I'm very happy, and still in the christmas spirit way too early. I know people will make fun of me for it, but this is a big contrast from literally all of the other years when I hated the holiday season. Things are different now. I'm doing something that matters to me, and today, I blew someone's mind with something very simple they hadn't learned before. I like those moments best, that simple 'click' WHAT?! WHY DOES THIS WORK ONLY NOW??? because they've happened to me, too.

Dance Ads