Has anyone lost weight dancing?

Gumby

I lost 50 pounds about three years ago - mostly through dancing but also dieting. I still need to lose about 20 lbs but I am just happy to have keep the weight off. I'm having problems with the last twenty due to a combination of a crazy schedule that keeps me from planning meals and a metabolism which works best if I eat often. So at present I am eating the wrong things at the wrong time and wondering why its not working. Sigh. On the other hand, people keep asking me if I have lost weight cause my dancing just keeps improving how my body looks so not all bad.

Sagitta

MissyK said:
In May to June, I lost 7 lbs just dancing 4 days a week. Then I had some emotional issues and started to binge and gained it all back. I'd only recently started to lose it again.

Has anyone lost a few pounds? I need to lose about 8 lbs before competition in Seattle...which I think is in October, but I'm not sure.

The latin skirts are so short and I don't want my huge thighs jiggling for everyone to see.
I lost about 10 pounds and it has stayed off. :wink: :)

LXC

Am I the only one who hasn't lost any weight dancing? :cry: Can you lose weight without any supplemental workout or weight-training in addition to the dance practice? I feel like I'm working harder and harder in practice but it's not showing any effect on my measurement; in fact I just gained a few pounds and half an inch in waist.

LXC said:
Am I the only one who hasn't lost any weight dancing? :cry: Can you lose weight without any supplemental workout or weight-training in addition to the dance practice? I feel like I'm working harder and harder in practice but it's not showing any effect on my measurement; in fact I just gained a few pounds and half an inch in waist.
I only lost a little bit of weight when I started dancing... less than 5 pounds. But I had a lot to loose (which makes it come off quicker) and was in dance class 4 times a week and social dancing at least 3 times a week. Since I started dancing though, I've started doing other things in order to make my dancing (and my appearance while dancing) better.

luh

Medira said:
I've lost 50 lbs. since I took up ballroom 6 months ago and I'm feeling great about it! I'm about to start a new job, so my schedule is going to change, but once I get that sorted out and settled, I'm going to be planning on yoga/pilates classes at the gym during my lunch and dance in the evenings, with weights thrown in there every once in a while too.

Now that the bulk of my extra weight is gone (I still have about 20-25lbs. to go to get back to where I was before I broke myself) I'm changing my focus to tone and stretching.
wow 50 lbs are a lot!
congrats!
luh

lynn

haven't seen any difference really, but i don't dance all that much, a couple of hrs per week, don't think that's enough exercise to lose any weight.

Actually I've gained about 100 lbs since I started dancing.

Strangely enough, I feel like most that weight has gone into my right arm. Sometimes it's impossible to lift it any higher than my shoulder! Ack!

ThreeStep
(of course, I jest! She's perfect)

luh

ThreeStep said:

Strangely enough, I feel like most that weight has gone into my right arm. Sometimes it's impossible to lift it any higher than my shoulder! Ack!

ThreeStep
as long as it's muscle and not fat..
luh

Ahahaha ThreeStep you're hilarious!!! You're partner's only 100 lbs?!

ThreeStep
Yeah, sometimes I feel bad for my partner because he's not a very big guy and he has to drag me around.

Anyway, my goal for the end of this month is to drop 4 lbs by dancing. I've already done 20 miles this month as well! [/quote]

Dance Ads