Has anyone lost weight dancing?

30 lb in 3 months, but that was from lindy. Ballroom made me more tone than giving weight loss since I had already been a lindy dancer for 3 months.

I started weight lifting because of ballroom and never stopped.

Lost 140 lbs. through dance as part of recovery from an accident...
I'll send you an e-mail.
That's awesome..

cornutt

Didn't lose a lot of weight (about 15 lbs.), but I did use to have a lot of foot problems, which all cleared up when I started dancing.

I've lost 40lbs in the last year (how long i've been dancing) and have gone from a very full size 16 to a 10/12. Doing nothing differently except dancing. I have much more to go!

I am currently still recoversing after an accidednt. Lost over 30 pounds since mid October and went from size 20 to 14 :)
Still a long way to go, but that's what I get after praciticing ballrom about 3 hours a day ;)

chachachacat

Wow! All these stories are so inspiring! I am afraid to get back out there being about 20 pounds overweight, because I used to be SO skinny! I am afraid everyone will be judgemental. I have had people say, "you look so different" and it doesn't feel good.
Also, I know I will feel different, and I'm rusty. My students used to call me a Ferrari because of my following. Now, I'm embarrased because I haven't danced in so long.
I guess I should just stop worrying about what everyone will think, and dance for myself. For fun, for fulfillment, for exercise.
Thanks, everyone!! :D

I lost about 15 pounds, 2 clothing sizes and toned up quite a bit...thought that was good until I read all of your stories. Way to go everyone!

Is it safe to assume though that we all are probably dancing much more each day/week than the average new social dancer? I would hate for someone to think that they can lose all that weight and transform their body by doing one or two group classes a week. Though you have to start somewhere...

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
I lost about 15 pounds, 2 clothing sizes and toned up quite a bit...thought that was good until I read all of your stories. Way to go everyone!

Is it safe to assume though that we all are probably dancing much more each day/week than the average new social dancer? I would hate for someone to think that they can lose all that weight and transform their body by doing one or two group classes a week. Though you have to start somewhere...
um...yes;)

30 - 40 hours a week.

I lost my first 45 lbs. just dancing like a normal social dancer though...like I said though, I had *a lot* to lose.

Dance Ads