Hobbies Besides AT

in no particular order: reading, walking (LOVE IT!), cooking, swimming, ikebana, choir singing, photography, sculpture, other kinds of dances (ballroom and ballet and some folk dancing), gardening, learning languages

I've been training and competing in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai for over ten years. I've never mentioned this in Tango class so I'm sure that my dance partners wonder why I often look like I just lost a fight. I also love lacrosse, cycling, and ski/snowboarding.

Steve Pastor

Staff member
So, now we have two memebers who do "climbing."
I'd be interested in hearing more specifics. Rock walls? Peaks? Alps? Sierras?
I've done a few mountains myself, so I'd love to hear about it.

LadyLeader

No climbing here , but reading on the sofa
Videos, youtube portals, video editing - a new track rising
Ballet
Asia - languages, living and some traveling

jantango

A hobby is something you do for pleasure in your spare time. For milongueros, tango is their life.

When you view the documentary film, "Milongueros" http://www.viaemiliadocfest.tv/dett.php?par=55&definiz=0&titolo=Milongueros.html you may understand more about what tango means to them. You will see Ricardo Franquelo almost break into tears when he says how tango is his life.

Tango isn't a hobby for me; it's my passion in life--the music and the dance.

bastet

dchester - you are such a hoot!

Other than tango, the things I do with most frequency are gardening (and I have a backyard that will take me several years to transform, so I'm set for awhile on that score), reading, and I have become an amateur student of diamond history and general gemology because of my interest in antique jewelry.

Dance Ads