how are your lessons going? thread II

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
lessons 9, 10, and 11 of the week....and my body certainly felt it...took nearly the first 45 minutes to stop creaking...looked at some new technical issues in standard...trying to keep the nerves from coming on...think things are humming along sufficiently....quiet weekend of practice ahead

debmc

Fabulous lesson today. I am hoping I can find a way to reproduce the work I did in the studio to the competition floor. Turns were good, spirals were good, posture was good... lots of great informative instruction to add more dimension to dancing and we were able to incorporate latest information from coaching as well.

Possibly last lessons before USDC, and so the focus was on trusting that I know my technique and just letting go and dancing, and for the first time in...well, EVER...it didn't feel like bumper cars. Actually felt like two people dancing. I think I even caught him smiling on more than one occasion!

debmc

Sigh...as noted in the pre competition disorder thread... I was not happy with my dancing today doing rounds. My pro.. bless him... was encouraging, but I know I could do better.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
well it must be in the air...for some reason I was blue today ...and pro was distracted..it was, in a word...underwhelming...am hoping that tomorrow is an improvement...but I have been doing this long enough that it isn't getting in my head

cornutt

How are my lessons going? At the moment, they aren't. I've had three business trips in the last month, and now this week our coach can't come because of Hurricane Issac. I've been practicing in my head and walking through steps during breaks at work, just to make sure I remember things.

Getting anxious...no lessons in almost three weeks, haven't danced since USDC. Burned out on rhythm, but not ready to quit dancing. SO ready for the next phase! Lessons Monday...can't wait!!

debmc

That's exciting GGin! I haven't really danced since USDC either, had one post competiton review lesson of video, scores, etc, etc and did a little and then I went on a nice trip out of town! :)

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
I will not have lessons til friday or the monday thereafter...not because I am burnt out...actually, I am looking forward to it...but because I put so much on hold in preparing for that comp that I simply have alot of cathing up to do on the rest of my life...and also because I rfind that I usually need a short psychological break after any event that requires that much of my energy ...but I am looking forward :)

Lessons today were fabulous. Danced smooth today for the first time in, well, months - and spent more focus and energy on it that I think I ever have in the almost 4 years I've been dancing. I'm truly excited about dancing for the first time in a very long time - spent a good three hours in lessons today and it wasn't nearly enough!

cornutt

Doing a bunch of extra lessons in preparation for our studio's comp coming up next month. One thing I'm doing this week is taking some solo coaching with a male coach who is helping me with my leading. He's trying to "quiet down" a lot of my leads and take out unnecessary motion. Lately I've been feeling like I have to exert a lot of physical effort in order to lead, and we're working on some of that.

Dance Ads