how are your lessons going? thread II

Purr

Coaching lessons yesterday with coach...went pretty well considering I've only had one lesson in the past month...did american and international tango routines...coach focused on leg action...alll good stuff...lather, rinse, repeat today. :cool:

latingal

Lessons were interesting. Was expecting the next phase of work to be less technical and more focused on performance qualities....LOL - I ended up working on the technique that underlies the performance qualities. Old habits die hard....

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
all I am going to say is that monday's lessons involved nearly and hour and a half of spirals

and tuesday's lessons involved a whole bunch of heel turns and dbl reverses....

Wannabee

Getting more choreography for my tango showcase. So far lots of paso type moves. They will look amazing if I can manage to get ALL of the shaping correct.

I'm starting to have more deliberateness (is that a word? if so, spelling?) and articulation in my feet in rythym, which means my steps are looking so much better but my pedi/toenail polish is taking a beating. I'm ok with the trade-off :)

debmc

I know in another thread I lament my lack of practice time... but in this thread I continue to say that every lesson is absolutely fabulous! We are doing a nice combo of some time in latin, some time in smooth, pro is great at noticing, fixing, and recognizing the improvements, great lessons today. Lots of good progress on being more solid on my feet and feeling more balanced... that is continuing to get better.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
yea...I have no partner, and no bootstraps left....3 week break...sometimes I get tired of picking myself up....sometimes I need to just crawl away and reflect...not sure what I would soldier on to...not feeling any internal or external motivation ...it is the sort of thing that always signals a break

Purr

yea...I have no partner, and no bootstraps left....3 week break...sometimes I get tired of picking myself up....sometimes I need to just crawl away and reflect...not sure what I would soldier on to...not feeling any internal or external motivation ...it is the sort of thing that always signals a break
It sounds like you need a break to get some perspective. Maybe when the holidays are over, you'll be ready to get back to dancing, or at least figure out where you want to go next with it.

stash

After having 2 bad weeks of dancing, this lesson was really what we need. Our coach really hit the nail on the head and broke stuff down for us and gave us simple goals to work on. Feeling much better for the practices a head. :)

Just had a lesson to redo our foxtrot. Fortunately, we didn't even redo it. Yay! Just moved things around. Changed things we just hated or couldn't do and just made it work. Now to practice practice practice and get ready for MAC!

Dance Ads