How are your practices going?

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
Thanks fasc....this certainly has been a long haul, hasn't it? I must admit, there are days that I am tempted to simply stay on the couch and drown my sorrows in chocolate and ice cream. LOL!
I had about three weeks there where I was fairly certain that my two new hobbies were knitting and brushing up on my spanish

latingal

Decided to take a practice just to try to get some spontaneity and more fluidity in to my dancing. Was rather interesting, couldn't get the judgemental mind to turn off...too much structured dancing, too much having to be "correct".

latingal

Good practice today. Hit the basics and worked on some corrections I know I've needed to get in for a while now. Felt like some progress was made, though at speed attempts were underwhelming - slow speed was getting in to a better groove.

Also worked on dynamics and intentions. And I'm enjoying making pretty pictures...LOL!

latingal

practicing with partner today, so concentrated on opposition and posture while doing run throughs of routines. also tried to keep my eyes off the floor - worked pretty well, hope I can make it a new habit.....

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
first practice in a long while that I did not have to drag myself through...F, T. VW...felt as though I was able to learn some things about my back and about my feet by just letting it be...one small step for me

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
rumba, cha and jive....annoyed with self that I needed a break...and feeling the slippage...trying not to panic and trust that I needed it....slow and steady wins the race...going to spend the week trying to bring the patient out of the coma...focused on simply looking at the dancing and seeing what looks good, use of inside edge of the foot and musicality

Dance Ads