How are your practices going?

New tango wall is slowly taking shape... my partner is wary of it, says it's a "mountain" to climb... but hey, the bigger the mountain, the better the view... ;-)

latingal

Practice yesterday after two days off.....just wanted to go in and get the body moving. Worked on basic movement and started re-aquainting myself with the subjects I had been working on intensely before the comp. Need to continue working on those things because they aren't yet in!

FancyFeet

Just back from an awesome practice ('cause despite pros being in Blackpool, I have "homework" to do while they're gone). New shoes are breaking in (lasted almost a whole hour in them!), the adjustment to my body position is helping balance, esp. in the slower dances, and QS is starting to feel like I'm flying!

Now all I have to do is maintain momentum for the next week and a half...

chomsky

I find it so difficult to practice smooth solo. Rhythm I can do stuff that at least will feel somewhat like it is supposed to. Smooth, I feel like a newborn giraffe when I try to dance through various patterns.

And, I've decided it would be nice t have a bigger, better place to practice. But we make do with what we have I guess.

I really need more room to practice smooth. The dining room table keeps cutting my driving short.
Third week, three weeks in a raw I’ve been practicing, HOORAY!!!!!!
Three times per week so far, okay, it’s not 7 times per week but what the heck, I can get there, if I just believe in myself.
Wannabee you inspired me to make a tough decision; I made a call I was dreading and found myself space for practice! It’s so nice to have people at DF! Such a nice place for me to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, it’s been three times per week three weeks in a raw. I can do this, I can do this, I want to do this, I WILL do this!!!!!!!!!!!!

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
I hear you...life has been crazy here and I have not been able to mange a good practice for too long...which I hate as I am a firm believer...but....It will happen on sunday...nomatter what

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
first practice today: all tangos, standard waltz, and QS...also made some progress breaking in the new shoes, which is a bigger deal than you might think....going to get more practice in later....

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
2nd practice today...more waltz, also FT and VW....worked on a variety of technical issues but also just tried to be meticulous in how I executed each pattern with my feet and head..monitored shoulders, sides, etc as well

Dance Ads