How are your practices going?

chomsky

Latingal, how right you are. How true this was. Thanks for hugging me from the other side of the earth.:inlove: it's so nice to be here. it's just like dancing...it's like a dance family no matter how virtual still and always a family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

latingal

Practice today was short. Long weekend ahead so I wanted to save my feet, but still get a bit of work done on the current subjects. Thought it went pretty well; will be continuing the work for the next month in repetitions. Checked in on the posture work I did 3 months ago and found that it was slipping in samba, so I took a bit of time to refresh the work. Will have to check the other dances to see if it's slipped there too.

For the past year I have noticed that the precision of weight placement and path of my left foot is not good, and it drives me insane every time I see it in the mirror. I'd better get that resolved now while I have a bit of time.....more repetitions, oh goody.

It's never ending.

chomsky

Practice today was short. Long weekend ahead so I wanted to save my feet, but still get a bit of work done on the current subjects. Thought it went pretty well; will be continuing the work for the next month in repetitions. Checked in on the posture work I did 3 months ago and found that it was slipping in samba, so I took a bit of time to refresh the work. Will have to check the other dances to see if it's slipped there too.

For the past year I have noticed that the precision of weight placement and path of my left foot is not good, and it drives me insane every time I see it in the mirror. I'd better get that resolved now while I have a bit of time.....more repetitions, oh goody.

It's never ending.
on the other hand, that's the nice thing about it. dancing and learning is a neverending process!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are dancers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

latingal

Interesting practice today. Was exploring some new work from recent coachings. I am not convinced that I should take 100% of the info in to my dancing as of yet.

Exploration today was resulting in some questions regarding trade offs between grounding and body/hip action. I think I need to save this one until my next lessons with my pro when I can clarify some things.

Warren J. Dew

In addition to an hour of solo practice, managed to get two dances in with partner today. There were a few bars when she had an amazing top. When I asked her if she was working on it, she said, no, she was just trying to soften her legs and follow. I guess all those years when she didn't have such a good top, it was because I wasn't leading it!

Now to figure out how to keep leading it after the first half bar.

I also got one dance with my 5 year old. Afterwards, she said, "daddy, I love dancing with you." Wow, that's what ballroom is all about!

chomsky

After two weeks of problems in multiple levels, I am so happy I practiced again. So, I’m out of the plateau, hiatus, break, quitting call it whatever it is! I practice all in all 5 times yesterday. I just wouldn’t stop it! I’m so so happy with myself!!!

chomsky

it's good getting itchy!!!!I was planning on giving up on my party with all that is going on...But I got itchy too. It's so nice, this feeling, isn't it?

Had an *amazing* practice with my amateur partner yesterday. Our lead/follow is definitely the weakest part of our dancing as a couple, and our coach gave us a drill that's kind of a "game" to force us to be aware of each other and the roles each of us had in the connection. She came in looking ragged (it's a rough time of year at work for both of us) but it was far and away the most focused practice time we've ever had - the "game" really sharpened our focus and the time flew by!

Dance Ads