How are your practices going?

bluslu

Had a lesson with Ed last night. Ed lessons are always so very educational but also exhausting. So many things to work on. Including an exercise he's been giving to his pros lately. No big deal, Ed, no big deal. Looking forward to putting everything into practice, as hard as it's going to be.

latingal

Back to practicing after being off for a week. Feeling unfocused trying to get back on track with the subjects I worked on before the time off. Ugh. Still not back on track. Rough solo practice. Not over my own feet yesterday.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
thus far; open smooth waltz and closed gold standard waltz and foxtrot focusing on form, alignment use of feet and hips, balance and control over the standing leg, also foot placement, used of head, sides, etc...specific attention to spin turn/turning lock, and twist turn....

chomsky

I have managed to practice the last ten days. Next target:p? persuade myself to practice all day long no matter whether I' sitting in a chair or cooking in the kitchen...find my old optimist friend in me...

Just had my first practice since Ohio. I feel much more refreshed and ready to tackle some newly made goals. Dancing didn't go as poorly as expected (nothing special though.. it was still a freakin long break). Feel much more able to tackle quickstep, etc after I've been working on my conditioning. During practice, got to try out my new standard skirt I got for xmas and heart rate monitor- pretty cool!

FancyFeet

Mine is that it takes almost the entire practice time to warm-up completely... and I don't have enough free time to add an hour to each practice through the winter months!

(But thank goodness for heated seats. This car feature has likely saved me from countless pulled hamstrings.)

Really short (~ half hour) first practice back. That being said, it was a quality one. Rumba technique warmup felt better than ever, and I have my open rumba routine more or less back in muscle memory. Cha cha technique was another story, unfortunately...

FancyFeet

Short ones this week. I'm a little sick, and am trying really hard to keep it from turning into a full-blown, incapacitating head cold.

This means lots of sleep, no gym work-outs, and short (no more than 90 min) visits to the studio. Lot's of technique repetitions, as the energy just isn't up to doing full run throughs... can get a little boring, but useful and necessary!

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
worked only international today; cha, ru, and jive, waltz, foxtrot and QS...all closed gold....worked at control and turning my own body and a host of technical things that I am too lazy to share....but it's nice to know that I haven't forgotten it over what will have been a month by the time my lessons occur on monday....and heaven help us if they are delayed another week

Cal

I was very listless at practice today; it doesn't happen very often - I think I may have been pre-occupied by knowing that after practice I'd have to drive home through yet another round of blowing snow. Then, my knee got some kind of kink in it, so I fixed that by taking off my shoes and drilling/dancing barefoot. So, all in all, I lasted only an hour.

chomsky

I was very listless at practice today; it doesn't happen very often - I think I may have been pre-occupied by knowing that after practice I'd have to drive home through yet another round of blowing snow. Then, my knee got some kind of kink in it, so I fixed that by taking off my shoes and drilling/dancing barefoot. So, all in all, I lasted only an hour.
barefoot? I almost did that the other day, I had no other resort. Eventually, I didn't, but what the heck, it's the only thing I haven't done yet,why not my next dance target when the floor isn't helping!

chomsky

practice is going rather smooth. I'm almost back on my practice schedule. unbelievable! still, trying to persuade myself to think dance while sitting or typing...but we'll get there!!!!!!!!!!

Dance Ads