How long did it take for you to master multiple turns and spins?

My main type of dance is ballet. It took me a year to master two fuetes and get an occasional four. After two years, I picked it up faster and can do eight solid fuetes and twelve on a good day. As far as pirouettes go, I can only do two. I just suck at them.

wonderwoman

Well... its going to take me forever if I keep playing dumb when I'm led in to one.. oh wait what was I supposed to do there, I can't do that...

depends on the turn/spin. In prior dance training chenes (sp?) were & still are super easy for me i can just keep going. Pirouettes took me some time & oddly fouettes were never a challenge I can do about 5 good ones before fizzling out. My current jive routine has plenty of double turns etc i want to do triples or more since I can do them but I don't think at silver it's allowed:mad:

opendoor

interesting question: is it addressed to a leader or a follower? I am a tango dancer (leader) and multiple spins are seldom executed in argentine tango. But, every moment I thought they would fit to the music, I led them and it worked. So what is the question?

Kits

Oh good golly my Dance instructor is spinning me more and more during practices. Im trying to do the spotting technique but I get lost fairly easily since when I did Irish step dancing we hardly spun around a lot.

Dance Ads