I think I'm becoming a YouTube addict

Help, I think I'm becoming a YouTube addict!

I'm currently partner-less, meaning I'm dancing less than I would like... and to fill the gap, I've apparently selected to use YouTube. Hooray that there are endless dancesport competitions to watch online, but I'm becoming worried that this will also mean I'm never going to stop because the videos never do!

Right now, I could be out enjoying the fact that spring has FINALLY arrived here (seriously, I saw a patch of grass yesterday!) or doing my taxes, but instead I'm online, watching videos.

Will you be my support group?
Same here. Usually if I am watching dancing videos, it is just social dancing videos though. Just me. In addition to the dancing videos, I am also watching a lot of videos of animals doing cool things. Youtube is the best. There are also a lot of instructional videos on youtube for other aspects of life too . . . like math and political stuff and other stuff like that too. But sometimes I feel like I need to do something else with my life besides watch youtube 24.5 hours a day. Do you have a similar feeling?

LOL...hang in there you two. It is tempting to view life through a YouTube lens, but I agree - ya' need to go out and there and do it yourself!! :)

I watch way too many dance clips/videos on YouTube as well! I start by just looking for one thing....next thing I know, I've watched an hour or two of dance congress presentations, competitions, supershag clips, etc, etc. :)

Its ok. I was watching YouTube videos before I started competing and then I got a partner and kept doing it. It never stops, because the vids never do. And then you drag your partner into it and he watches them and is like, we need to do this in our routines. And seriously, a lot of our routines are YouTube created-ish. Well all the choreo is from an expert choreographer and we play around with stuff from YouTube that we really like and want to try.

My partner and I have two videos that we constantly go back to when we're in need of a boost of inspiration. I also obsessively try to upload all my dance videos so that there's a record online and a library to refer to (and a way to see my progress). And can spend hours on Youtube. I'm right there with you.

Mr 4 styles

Well all the choreo is from an expert choreographer and we play around with stuff from YouTube that we really like and want to try.
I steal err borrow liberally from you tube vids for showdances!!

you tube rules watch foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It's my nightly ritual...grab the iPad or laptop, check DanceForums, then start looking at YouTube dance videos....
It's quickly becoming mine too!

(As an aside, I now completely understand why they've blocked YT at work. I'd never get anything done, because once I start, I'm likely to be watching for HOURS.)

Dance Ads