It's true, dancing does lead to sex

DancePoet

pygmalion said:
Yep. Signs of spring. :lol:

btw, what is this thread about anyway? Is this the one that started off with a scholarly article about symmetrical people being more attractive and dancers tending to be more symmetrical? I truly don't remember. :lol: And I don't remember if I commented on the topic, whatever it is. :oops:
Spring is defintiely trying to push its way past winter this year.

And I've been so busy, it's been awhile since I posted to this thread, and probably need to go back and see how it started, too. :oops:

DancePoet

pygmalion said:
You know, the funny thing is that the article at the beginning of this thread isn't really about sex, directly, but about mate selection. It's really pretty scientific stuff -- all about propagation of the species. :? Scientists. What do they know? :lol:
Well ... P is giving me a reason not to reread the beginning of this thread, and yet somehow my curiosity is up again anyway. :lol:

DancePoet

fascination said:
in general...the article, being a blurb about a much more substantive piece....never really provided one with much to discuss in the first place....that having been said, I maintain what I think I did at the beginning...without a deliberate effort to expand one's horizons our eyes are drawn to symmetry...we like it with lines on dancing couples etc....it just makes a certain amount of sense that at first blush, something that appears to be "proportionate" as far as our understanding goes...is more attractive...and if, as one dances one is more likely to become fit or proportionate, or if one who already is naturally more proportionate is more likely to become a dancer, and if Darwin is right about it being a mating ritual...then the hypothesis may be true...it's alot of "ifs" with only some merit or evidence of support and certainly there is much deviation....laying brain down on a pillow now
Ah! The wonders of the human brain, sex, and dance! :D

DancePoet

RIdancer82 said:
I was thinking about this thread the other day and thought of something else... Everything that's been mentioned plays a part in it all, however, I've come to the conclusion that there's one big thing that might possibly be a huge indicator.... how the man brings you into dance position.

Ever dance with someone who literally grabs you and yanks you in way too forcefully, or someone who is too afraid to get into correct dance position and keeps you at arms length away?

Now consider that man who ever so perfectly, respectfully, gently, etc... brings you into dance position in such a way that you just want to sigh (a happy one) because you know it will be a good dance.....

I think that's all pretty self explanitory.....

....thoughts?
Hmmm ... women like feeling secure, and being yanked into dance position just isn't the same thing as gentle and respectful. A guy with any sense chooses the latter. Flirting then could get a giggle. If it doesn't, dance isn't likely to lead to sex. ;)

DancePoet said:
Hmmm ... women like feeling secure, and being yanked into dance position just isn't the same thing as gentle and respectful. A guy with any sense chooses the latter. Flirting then could get a giggle. If it doesn't, dance isn't likely to lead to sex. ;)
hmm.... in that case.... care to dance? ;)

Dance Ads