Life is Hard Thread

Hedwaite

Dear friend I've known most of my life died. Suffered with MS for nearly that entire time. What makes it worse is that she was one of those very VERY rare role model women who just never seemed to do anything hurtful to other people.

cornutt

Hedwaite, I am so sorry. When you know someone who fights hard to overcome something like that, and then it wins in the end anyway, it all seems so unfair.

Hedwaite

The whole town is talking about it. It's just extra depressing that she was such a good person. I've never had a positive role model older than I am within my own family, so finding one like this lady was a rare treat, and it's so upsetting when first one goes, then another. It's like lights going out all over your world and it gets darker each time. I had a better night of dancing, but I still just don't do so great with loss.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
no one does great with loss...but when you have fewer really dear people, it is certainly worse... and when you have more losses in a short period of time it is also worsened....it is one of the reasons why so many elderly are depressed...sometimes you feel like the last tree standing...it is unfortunate that we can't have that realization earlier in life...I think it would make us kinder...to everyone...including ourselves

stash

Grandma is in hospice care. Was admitted earlier today. She took a major turn for the worse between yesterday and today. My parents went up to visit her and at least stay with her tonight, but told me to stay down here. She's about 2.5 hours away, but is sharing a room with another person so there isn't a lot of room... I'm just glad I got to spend some time with her during Christmas...

Dance Ads