Life is Hard Thread

cornutt

OK, so why must it bother you so much what I get or do?
No bother... we're just having trouble parsing your words. Something is obviously bothering you, and we'd be happy to advise, but first we need to get an idea of what the problem is. By "standard knowledge" are you talking about rules of behavior -- etiquette? Or more along the lines of persuasiveness, social skills?

No bother... we're just having trouble parsing your words. Something is obviously bothering you, and we'd be happy to advise, but first we need to get an idea of what the problem is. By "standard knowledge" are you talking about rules of behavior -- etiquette? Or more along the lines of persuasiveness, social skills?
I know the rules of behaviour. I just want what all others were given/developed as it holds me back.

Nobody was rude to you.

On the other hand, have you actually read the posts in this thread? People talk here about illnesses and deaths of friends and loved ones. You mentioned that this is a supportive thread, and you're right. I have a gentle question for you: Has your participation here been supportive of anyone?

It is especially important on this thread, IMO, to speak in a tone that is respectful of others. I don't know what's going on in your life, and I neither understand nor offer an opinion on what you have posted here. However I think you would have more success if you were to adjust how you say what you have to say.

I also respectfully suggest that a detailed discussion of such adjustments would be off-topic for this thread.
er.. yes, Siggav and fascination were, but then I don't care if they choose to behave like this it's a free world (but then I'm free to call them out given that reality).

It's just that my full issue is thus:

- I don't get to hang out with as many people as I'd like, because I have good social understanding, but I don't get the normal/standard norms that the many get.

- it sounds trivial, but then it worries me everyday and stops me living as I want/choose.

- As an example, it gets me that I don't know (until recently) simple stuff like morality is subjective, happiness is a choice, and God and religion are separate. As said, it stops me from getting on and I hate it.

This is very trivial compared to others' worries here, and I guess I should be grateful, but then this worries me everyday to the point I feel trapped and denied freedom and I even cry (as a man) when nobody is around since I believe people are purposefully keeping me down.

NURDRMS

My mother died passed away very unexpectedly last Friday. Dad is grief-stricken, as are my brother, sister, and I. I led the eulogy on Sunday and spoke at the interment on Monday. Trying to figure out household accounts, bills, etc. for Dad before we all have to head back home this weekend. I keep expecting Mom to walk in the door, carrying a bag of groceries. Life truly is hard right now.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
My mother died passed away very unexpectedly last Friday. Dad is grief-stricken, as are my brother, sister, and I. I led the eulogy on Sunday and spoke at the interment on Monday. Trying to figure out household accounts, bills, etc. for Dad before we all have to head back home this weekend. I keep expecting Mom to walk in the door, carrying a bag of groceries. Life truly is hard right now.
my deepest sympathy and empathy....if you ever need to talk please pm me

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

I expect flames, and it's a free world of course, but then I still feel down for not having knowledge.

This is a minor issue compared to others' here, granted. But practically everyday it gets me down and angry, since i feel i have been cheated, and everybody else has got what they want. And there seems to be no resolution, since whilst there are others who have it worse, but they know how to proceed and I do not. I should be grateful that somebody with cancer knows if there is or isn't a good prognosis, but then for me, it's a burden.

SDsalsaguy

Administrator
Staff member
My deepest sympathies and condolences to you and your family NURDRMS.

(I don't frequent this thread very often, but just happened to see this post -- certainly the same sentiments go to any and all facing similarly trying times)

Aura

I think waiting is one of the hardest aspects of life. It could be anything. That feeling of running an emotional marathon while still trying to not let life get you down.

My life is a blessed one, but waiting for love has always been hard, particularly right now. I've been doing my best to put myself out there while still trying to maintain a balance. But, it sometimes feel as if love will never find me...

Dance Ads