Dance Monkey - Have you asked the women what happened? Approached them with curiousity (not accusation) and asked? And then shared your view of what happened?
- one of my friends at first feigned ignorance (it never happened) until I pointed out other witnesses to her acceptance and then desertion. She cracked and stated she was self conscious of her ability. This lines up with other times I have seen her refuse a dance. She promised to make it up to me by dancing every dance with me... But it was not really an apology, more of a surrender I did not want.
- the same friend previously did not understand the body language cues to invite a dance and would go dance with the dude grabbing her arm caveman style... This resulted in me not asking for a month and the above issue occurred when I did.
- another said her head was just not in the right place. The instructor saw it and the leader apologized (who also grabbed her cave man style). She apologized too for not protesting, then asked me not to hate her.
- another said I was not there and that she looked for me. Blatant lie as I was there to her left if she had bothered to turn her head. I dont dance with her anymore.
- another said she was not going to dance "on one" This time and that she would the next time. She lied as that was the last excuse she gave me. I noticed there was a dancer she likes to dance with who was with her both times. She has reserved a dance with me before but never when he was available... I suspect, but can't verify this was the real reason.
- two said they were confused.
- another said she had time with a dance pro, but previously she had told me the time was up later and I should ask her then... Well it was much later... She lied.
I'm finding a lot of them are not just telling me no for whatever reason. Some are just confused, which I understand, but since no apology has appeared except for one I'm just going to put them on my black list. I checked with a dance pro if I was doing something wrong (and she would tell me alright). I ended up getting a couple lead corrections, but otherwise she liked dancing with me and really likes my attitude.
Ok I'm feeling the rant die down a bit. Time for some yoga and tea.