name of really fast salsa songs....

urish

Naming a few more, this time REALLY fast ones:

1. Oye mi canto – Yakki Famirie – 133BPM
  2. Baila mi conga, Vacilala – Afro cuban jass project – 160BPM
For comparison, the song Aguanile somebody else mentioned here is around 120BPM... so the last one is 33% faster ! Let's see who is capable of dancing to this rhythm.

I DJ some at a Salsa night in Columbus, OH and these are some of the really fast songs I play (I know, some of these will be repeats to the topic, but I want to give a complete list of what I've got so far):

Aguanile - Marc Anthony
Salsa Con Coco - El Gran Combo De Puerto Rico
I Love Salsa - N'Klabe
Amor De Agua - N'Klabe
El Rey Del Timbal - Tito Puente
Mama Guela - Fania All-Stars
Ariñañara - Fruko y Sus Tesos
Boogaloo - Fruko y Sus Tesos
Salsa Caliente - Tito Puente
Zoom Zoom - N'Klabe
Cuero No Ma - Sonora Carruseles
Arranca En Fa - Sonora Carruseles
La Malanga - Eddie Palmieri
Ta' Bueno Ya - Albita
Plena Con Sabor - Spanish Harlem Orchestra
Baila Como Es - Tito Puente
Bemba Colora - Celia Cruz
Quimbara - Celia Cruz

For the person that mentioned Baila Mi Conga, Vacilala, that sounds like a GREAT song, and I plan to add it to my songlist. Here are some fast Merengues and other stuff that you may wish to add to your collection as well, particularly if you are hosting a Latin dance party:

El Colin - Fulanito
El Cepilla - Fulanito
Ajena - Fulanito
El Pollo - Amarfis
Meto Mano - Amarfis
Carrito Rojo De Carrera - Silvio Mora
Quien Es Fulanito - Fulanito
Wiggle Wiggle - Fulanito
La Dueña Del Swing - Los Hermanos Rosario
El Palo - Los Hermanos Rosario
Desde Ponce - Anibal de Gracia & Batukealo
Medley De Plenas de P.R. - Anibal de Gracia & Batukealo

If anyone has more suggestions I would love to know, I am always looking for fast songs to play.

hi,
i am looking for very fast salsa songs.... like la sonora carruseles - arranca en fa

please reply i need your help.... :)
Personally, I don't like the super fast salsa songs like that too much -- I would much rather dance salsa to a song that is just fairly fast. But I do know of some very fast salsa songs to add to the list:

Mambo King - Tito Puente (about 242 BPM)
Salsa y Sabor - Tito Puente (about 236 BPM)
Federico Boogaloo - Sonora Carruseles (about 228 BPM)
Descarga Espectacular - Fruko y Sus Tesos (about 228 BPM)

Naming a few more, this time REALLY fast ones:

1. Oye mi canto – Yakki Famirie – 133BPM
  2. Baila mi conga, Vacilala – Afro cuban jass project – 160BPM
For comparison, the song Aguanile somebody else mentioned here is around 120BPM... so the last one is 33% faster ! Let's see who is capable of dancing to this rhythm.
I think you must have timed these songs for 30 seconds instead of 60, because the actual BPMs of those songs are about twice as fast as the BPMs that you give for them. Aguanile is about 240 BPM, Oye Mi Canto is about 264 BPM, and Baila Mi Conga, Vacilala is about 324 BPM. I think very few people, if any, will be able to do a good salsa dance to Baila Mi Conga, Vacilala or Oye Mi Canto.

urish

I think you must have timed these songs for 30 seconds instead of 60, because the actual BPMs of those songs are about twice as fast as the BPMs that you give for them. Aguanile is about 240 BPM, Oye Mi Canto is about 264 BPM, and Baila Mi Conga, Vacilala is about 324 BPM. I think very few people, if any, will be able to do a good salsa dance to Baila Mi Conga, Vacilala or Oye Mi Canto.
Well, this is a long standing debate - whether one clave cycle should be written over one or two measures, I have seen musicians count in either, so aguanile can be 120BPM or 240BPM, depending on the way you count. Dancers usually prefer the two-measure clave though.

Indeed, dancing good to fast music is quite hard, but it is good to challenge yourself from time to time, and it can also be very much fun...

Another one that just popped into my mind is Welcome To The Party by The Har You Percussion Group... I remember having heard it in one Salsa performance clip, I think it was of Al Liquid silver... long time ago

For the really fast songs serious Salsa dancers are best to learn Cali Style Salsa, sometimes referred to as Colombian Style, which has very fast footwork and is primarily specific to Salsa dancers in Cali, Colombia. For slow, medium, and semi-fast Salsa songs dancing on 1 or on 2 (which I see as more of a personal preference or whatever is popular in your area, I dance on 1 myself) works better. I don't actually dance Cali Style, but I have been able to follow Aguanile on 1 and I watched a video of a professional couple dancing to Tito Puente's El Rey Del Timbal on 1, so it can be accomplished.

Does anyone have any opinions on "Mujer Latina" by Thalia? I have seen the song mentioned in other listings for fast salsa songs, but I am not sure if I want to add it to my regular list of songs for the venue I DJ at.

so which is the fastest salsa song?

Eddie Palmieri - Camagueyanos y Habaneros (Live Version at the University of Puerto Rico) 339 BPM at the end
Bobby Madera - Rhythmambo 331 BPM
Afro cuban jass project - Baila mi conga 324 BPM

do you know any faster ones? aguanile = lullaby :p

tangotime

Heres a track from one of Jimmy Sabaters albums ... Boozaba Zoo descarga .

If you like hard core, then this has some of the best instrumental solos on Piano, Bass, Tumbao etc, and a great montuno section.

sebi

mine :O

Alfredo Linares - Yo Traigo Boogaloo
Brooklyn Sounds - En Las Tumbas
Celia Cruz Y Johnny Pacheco - Bailen con la Punta del Pie
Clodomiro Montes - Puerto Rico Zumbando
Eddie Palmieri - Adoracion
Eddie Palmieri - Bamboleate .............................. veeeeeery fast
Eddie Palmieri - Revolt
Eddie Palmieri - La Malanga

I have more, if u need just ask ;)

Dance Ads