nighttime noshing nexus

Maybe we are sated with foodie threads - but the scene is not complete without this one.

The rule is only food eaten after midnight and before 5 am (I know there are a few early risers here) in your time zone. I suspect that food in this period is really underapreciated - and may well be more interesting than during the rest of the day (well anything is more interesting than my lunch..)

To start off:

Two semi-dried figs and two prunes; pot of tea; :banana:

bjp22tango

This is the time I am usually up, so my food is not unusual, to me anyway.

Banana
Gala Apple
Bowl of Almond/Oat flake cereal
2 reduced calorie Ice Cream sandwiches

This is the time I am usually up, so my food is not unusual, to me anyway.

Banana
Gala Apple
Bowl of Almond/Oat flake cereal
2 reduced calorie Ice Cream sandwiches

Usually as in you work nights? Or are you a night bird - in which case why not drop into IRU (insomniacs-R-Us - same forum as this).

Besides, your menu IS interesting to me - very healthy (I'm ignoring the ICSs) :)

It appears i was wrong - few here eat at night. well, I can keep a personal record...

pot of tea, fig, prune, raw spanish peanuts and :banana:
No nighttime noshing here--I think it's the primary reason I no longer have to watch my weight.

I will confess to eating a couple of malted milk balls before bed last night, but I rarely eat anything after dinner.

No nighttime noshing here--I think it's the primary reason I no longer have to watch my weight.

I will confess to eating a couple of malted milk balls before bed last night, but I rarely eat anything after dinner.
Joking aside, I'm actually very careful and a bit of good food can actually reduce the 'I'm dying of hunger' breakfast catastropy. Besides, I always have to eat a :banana: anyway!

meow

Try to aviod anything in the middle of the night. Occasionally, like last night I had one choc-chip cookie. Got up just before 5am and began the coffee infusion.

Joking aside, I'm actually very careful and a bit of good food can actually reduce the 'I'm dying of hunger' breakfast catastropy. Besides, I always have to eat a :banana: anyway!
I know you eat only "good" food...I am always envious of your wonderful dinner menus! And not all nighttime noshing is bad...but now that I'm out of the habit, I want to stay out of the habit.

Makes sense - it can easily get out of hand.

sockeye salmon from a tin (where did I get this - it cost $6 for the small size!) on wasa extra rye crisp bread with a little CBIAB (can't believe...) pot of tea - oh and Mr :banana:

Gave some fish to Nick the tom cat who has been off his food for a while. Never seen anything go down so fast - where DID cats get their discriminating sense of food from?

I'm back from dancing all evening - grainy bread with shaved tunisian ham, dijon mustard, red wine (OK I'm technically a few minutes early for legal nighttime noshing, but who's counting...)

Hi Meow. maybe eating would help you sleep? They say that tryptophans are soporific...

Dance Ads