Official Ballroom Song ID Thread

Found the video :) But for some reason I cant edit my previous post..
/watch?v=xCfdIbyCKtA

I'm looking for this waltz, the first song in the video, it's the song Skyfall from Adele. In the original version it would be a very slow rumba, but in this version someone changed it to waltz.

Also the pirates of the caribean tango that is played right after that is awesome, so if someone knows where to find that too I would be even happier :)

Yes I hear the beat values being 1,2,3. But it happens after the big intro. It has a very clear Viennese Waltz sound. The 1 is pronounced very clearly

It's a swing rhythm, using triplets. Often, the note on the 2nd beat is dropped. In this case, it's present, but the emphasis is on the 1st beat and (to a lesser degree) the 3rd beat.

Yes, you could dance it as Viennese. But Viennese tends to have only a strong 1st beat. I'd prefer to dance it as slow WCS. :)

dlliba10

Yes I hear the beat values being 1,2,3. But it happens after the big intro. It has a very clear Viennese Waltz sound. The 1 is pronounced very clearly

The 12/8 pattern reminds me of this song that a teacher of mine used for a showcase:

FWIW, she and her partner used the four downbeats to make it a rumba showcase. ^_^

I don't have a video clip (yet again) but I have some lyrics.

It goes something like "Baby oh baby looks like I got a crush on you" and it's a foxtrot. There is probably an obvious answer but I just can find the right song.

Dance Ads