Official OSB 2012 thread

stash

Had an amazing time. Totally ran into Riccardo and Yulia at the Jordy both and got a picture with them :D giddy fan girl right here.

danceronice

Hey, I view it as revenge, people do it to me...okay, though, with that Standard gown I wore this year, when I tried it on at Michigan, not only did the sales rep, the people from my studio, and the people from my old studio all like it, random passers-by including the organizer, judges, competitors I don't know, and total strangers were stopping to give me the thumbs up in it. Heck, it happened at Harvest Moon and Ohio. THERE, I'll believe it's not just enabling but a really good dress. (Now if only the $@#%!! zipper would stop...I may got back for round two and have the dressmaker put in hooks and eyes instead. The bodice is meant to fit like a corset when zipped, but the cheap@$$ invisible zipper is not helpful.)

Wannabee

I'm just the opposite. I HATE spending money, on anything. I'm quite astonished most times when I sit down and actually think about the amount of money I spend on dancing. I cannot believe I allow myself to continue to do it. BUT, it's about the only thing I spend money on, so I figure I'll let myself. I'll buy clothes, etc., when I HAVE to. I really hate spending money on clothes, shoes, etc. But I have to dress nice for work so it's a neccessity. If it weren't, I would forego that expense too. :)

JANATHOME

There was a time I was buying a new gown a year, but not anymore.
I LOVE to shop the vendors and see all the new styles but don't buy often anymore.
That and in my AM/AM days I had more $$'s to play with then I do now with pro/am competition costs.

BTW score sheets are up, and for some of us (me), its not pretty!

I got to try on a real gown this OSB, it may have been the highlight of my weekend... :) Its probably a good thing I'm not allowed to compete in them though...I defn couldn't afford it... but my goodness it was GORGEOUS! :D

danceronice

I got to try on a real gown this OSB, it may have been the highlight of my weekend... :) Its probably a good thing I'm not allowed to compete in them though...I defn couldn't afford it... but my goodness it was GORGEOUS! :D
See, THIS is why pro-am is fun, you get to wear the GOOD stuff. ;)

NonieS

I have a policy that I can't have anything unless I win...but I did have a few things drawn up in hopes that winning isn't all in my past :)
I would have to be the opposite - got a new Chrisanne practice skirt at OSB after not doing so well in the competition and it cheered me up till no end. My partner was kind of bummed out, but I was like competition? what competition? look at my awesome new skirt! :D I may have to adopt it as a policy for the future, because the progress is slow and competitions are many :)

Dance Ads