Prada & other luxe brands...

latingal

I haven't bought new non-dance clothes, not to mention designer clothes, since I started dancing....somehow got totally diverted (read that as obsessed).

I think the last time I was in a mall to be un-dance related clothing was three years ago?

samina

I've never even heard of half of these names!!

How do you people even find out about this stuff??? Was there some sort of "vital female information" download that I missed somewhere along the line?

I'm just completely baffled.
peach, you may simply need to be sex-and-the-citified... that'd probly be quite the initiation for you... if you have the inclination, dear, i can hook you up... :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchphd

Well, I'd like a nice tailored suit from Saville Row in London.

But I'd get more use out of the wide screen plasma TV. :smile:

this does NOT work as a turn on
rotfl!!! Who needs TV soaps! It happens here at DF all the time! :lol:

Samina, I remember reading once (or twice) that some fakes are better made than the real stuff! :lol: (Because, so much attention is put into selecting the materials and copying the item, to pass it off as real.)

Laura

peach, you may simply need to be sex-and-the-citified... that'd probly be quite the initiation for you... if you have the inclination, dear, i can hook you up... :)
I'm currently working my way through all of them via Netflix.

One can also look in Elle and Vogue magazines to get a picture of the currently popular luxe brands.

Sagitta

Oh...she has got by for so long without it...if she does dh may get overpowered...in a good way...no need for that.

It's funny. I don't buy designer clothes. Some of their stuff is just awful, but they make money because of their name. I spend more money on accessories etc. than I do on my actual clothes. In my opinion, you can always make an outfit look expensive if you know how to dress it up. ;) I have a couple of sisters on the other hand that do the opposite, and I just don't get it. If they have a plain red sweater on, it looks just as good as my plain red sweater (sometimes depending mostly on material etc.). It depends on the brand I guess.

I gotta' say, I share your BF's views. I generally just hate dealing with clothes, and the idea of spending any more than $15 (or maybe $20, if it's really special) for a t-shirt is just crazy to me. Ditto for more than $30 on jeans. I just don't get it--do you know how much of our car loan we could pay off? how many lessons I could have? how many expensive brunches out we could share?

I don't even attempt "well-turned-out." I go for "clean clothes, showered, hair & teeth brushed, makeup on." If I manage that, i figure I'm ahead of the game.
Ditto you on that, Peaches. (Except for the makeup, which I frankly never learned how to put on and now I am too old and cranky to change my ways.)

My price ranges are a little higher than yours - but I suspect that may be a matter of geography. It's pretty hard to find a reasonable pair of jeans for less than $50 in NYC.

mamboqueen

Did I recently hear that NY is going to do away with the sales tax on clothing? Long overdue (and what a ripoff)...but I bet the malls in NJ will feel the squeeze.

::stain:: Everytime I see this thread title, I think of Meryl Streep in 'The Devil wears Prada' :shock:

I will never look at the brand Prada, the same way again. :lol:

Did I recently hear that NY is going to do away with the sales tax on clothing? Long overdue (and what a ripoff)...but I bet the malls in NJ will feel the squeeze.
I think it's gone already, isn't it? At any rate the last time I bought a piece of clothing (which was probably >6 months ago) there was no tax. I think there was supposed to be just one provisional sales-tax-free year at first, but I think it is over now and when it ended they just converted into no sales tax permanently.

Peaches

Would be nice to live in a sales-tax free/state-tax free state :)
Even better to live in an income tax free state that does have a sales tax.

That way, you not only pay no income tax, but you also get to deduct the sales taxes you paid. Lucky Floridians (and a few others)!

Dance Ads