pre-competition disorder

Speaking of pre-comp disorders, is anyone dancing at Millennium this weekend? It's my comeback comp....I am dancing against USDC finalists and champions (International standard open gold "A") I. AM. TERRIFIED. I think I am in over my head...!!!!

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
you know, there are so many things in play there...how well known your pro is....how many comps you go to....how well judges know you...how well you dance...how well others dance....what particular things and given pnel is looking at/for....you cannot spend time letting the line up freak you out

Purr

There can be a myriad of factors why your marks may be what they are, and it might not be your dancing. I've taken my marks from my last few outings with a grain of salt - they are what they are, and I can't change them. But I'm doing it for me, not the marks, and I know I've improved a lot over the past year. Even if I get marks again that are abysmal, I'm not going to be surprised or get discouraged about it.

JANATHOME

It is not impossible to score well with a pro that is not well known, I have scored well with such a pro, just harder. This is especially true when dancing a straight final. In the larger comps like Ohio, though, with so many dancers on the floor the judges are going to look at the pro's or the pro am dancer that they know... It is hard to make a final when they don't look at you!

Dance Ads