pre-competition disorder

Standarddancer

I'm feeling a sour throat too, not a good feeling before OSB, guess I'm too tired and really need to catch some sleep before catching my flight. Funny I usually don't lose sleep before comp, I always feel don't get enough sleep;) I'm even able to manage to take a nap on the table with my hair updo. Lol.

New dress came too long, arhhhh !!!! Can't wear for OSB! Guess I'll just wear my pink feather or yellow/white, still can't decide. Guess if my luggage has extra room, I'll take all my dresses and decide very last min

:shock: :shock: :shock: hyperventilating...brown paper bags anyone?...

let's see

sleepless
pro getting more anal
hungry
irrationally convinced that i have forgotten everything;)
have no life outside of my lessons, the gym, the tanning salon, the nail salon, and my closet (figuring out what stays and what goes)

"pro getting more anal"

LOL!!!

You said it perfectly.

Started tanning for Nashville StarZ last night, and I'm having lunch with the guy today. Ah, the smell of self-tanner in the morning...it's a good thing he's a former bodybuilder and so understands the tanning insanity!

j_alexandra

fasc, have you ever tried corework-to-exhaustion to help with the anxiety? i recommend it all the time but i don't think i've heard one person yet try it for pre-comp nervousness, lolz.

have used it quite a number of times when nervousness about something triggers a difficult-to-metabolize adrenalin rush, and it has always helped.

there are energetic/chakric justifications why this can be so effective and calming...

just a suggestion.
resurrecting this old post b/c that explains why my lessons on gyro days are so often much better than I expect; I expect to be exhausted and end up being energized -- as long as I have a break and food in between

hmmm. have comp coming up and am starting to wonder if I can import gyro teacher for a tune-up in the early morning, day of

samina

resurrecting this old post b/c that explains why my lessons on gyro days are so often much better than I expect; I expect to be exhausted and end up being energized -- as long as I have a break and food in between

hmmm. have comp coming up and am starting to wonder if I can import gyro teacher for a tune-up in the early morning, day of
i'm not surprised.

still the best instant de-stresser i know...

3wishes

crossing fingers/toes and feverently hoping improvements show up on the floor this weekend....please, please, pretty please.....
They will, will, WILL...I tell ya'. My teacher reminds me all the time...
to "just dance it - don't think - just listen to music - don't think - just move".....:rocker:

bia

Competition coming up this weekend, and after lesson and practice last weekend, I was feeling fine. Just wanted to run everything a few times every day this week to keep building the stamina and muscle memory. But no, our perennial struggles to find practice space continue, and my dreams of daily practice were cruelly crushed. Sooo frustrating to want to give our dancing the time it needs and simply not be allowed to. Plus, my knee is feeling weird. AAAAH!

Dance Ads