recommend a pair of durable practice shoes

Both my shoes literally have holes in them. I don't care about looking good. I need shoes that can take a beating. No latin shoes either. Any recommendations?

Also, I've noticed online that the prices vary greatly between practice shoes. Is it more cost effective to just buy a pair of 40 dollar dance shoes everytime they wear out or should one go the expensive route and hope they last long enough to justify the price?

Lioness

Can you wear jazz sneakers?

Otherwise, I'd go the way of buying a new "good" pair, and using them as practise shoes when they don't look so good anymore.

Leon Theou

I almost always wear jazz sneakers when I am practicing, and I have worn them for socials as well. They're comfortable, durable, they work for both ballroom and Latin, and they're not as expensive as a pair of actual ballroom shoes.

Standarddancer

I used Supa and Dance Natural standard practice shoes, both high quality, last quite a long time, price steep, probably between $150-$175 per pair, but very comfortable and durable, I'd rather get comfy high quality ones last longer time than cheaper brands not as comfy & doesn't last.

Is there any chance some of these shoes contain soles that don't require super glue frequently? I have a pair of Werner Kerns. I hear they're like best shoes money can buy and even on them I've had to use bottles of super glue to repair the soles. Granted, I dance on a floor that is an abomination as far as ballroom floors go. It's so uneven that it's literally torn holes in both soles. I need something that can glide on the floor but can take the worst beating a pair of dance shoes will ever take.

Dance Ads