rising on the 1st step of the reverse turn in foxtrot

I think of that part of the problem being that even on the inside of the turn one can't really turn on a fixed axis with interrupting the flow of the dance. So I'd like to have the knees coming forward as the turn concludes to blend it into forward movement.

Often when initially trying this there is a bit of a pause with the weight rocked back on the heels before the knees bring it forward - I believe the goal should be to eliminate that by maintaining a slight sense of travel through the turn.
If I understand Baricchi correctly, the left shoulder is in the inside of the turnd and the right shouder in outside the turn, which is subject to the centrifugal force. In this situation, the left shoulder must be lowered and pulled backward, which will make the right shoulder comes around like the hammer in Hamer Throw. On the contrary to popular belief, Baricchi says that the active side that produces power and balance in a turn is the inside shoulder (left shoulder) and not the outside shoulder. Kind of hard to describe for a low IQ person.

Warren J. Dew

In the Extended Reverse Wave, I spent a lot of time, money and effort to learn how to make the lady take outside partner steps, but you folks are now telling me that it is OK for the lady to take the in-line step. I should have known it long ago.
Both ways are legitimate. You can get more travel with the lady in line, but using the back feather can look, in my opinion, more elegant.

Dance Ads