Salsa/Mambo Music by Non-Latin Artists

Spitfire

I have a fair collection of Salsa tunes by latin artists, but only a few by non-latin artists. "Hell" by The Squirrel Nut Zippers is one example and The Cherry Poppin' Daddies have one called "Shake Senora" (which is suppose to be a salsa, but sounds more Samba to me).

Any others?

Sagitta

Try out west african music, e.g. Africando. Also, if you are crazy/passionate enough you can dance salsa to any 4/4 music. It depends on how far you are willing to go.

Vin

I think it would be cool to make a list of "pop" songs that have the salsa beat. I heard someone say Faith by George Michael before here. I kind of hear a bit of salsa beat in the new version of "Lady Marmalade" that went with Moulin Rouge.
Any others?

Vin said:
I think it would be cool to make a list of "pop" songs that have the salsa beat. I heard someone say Faith by George Michael before here. I kind of hear a bit of salsa beat in the new version of "Lady Marmalade" that went with Moulin Rouge.
Any others?
"Lady" originally by Kenny Rogers/Lionel Richie. Check it out at
http://www.mamboston2.com/djnik.htm
Volume 2-Salsa version by Orquesta la Palabra. Very Nice!

brujo said:
peachexploration said:
"Lady" originally by Kenny Rogers/Lionel Richie. Check it out at
http://www.mamboston2.com/djnik.htm
Volume 2-Salsa version by Orquesta la Palabra. Very Nice!
This is like 'La macarena' in my neck of the woods. Every club, every night is this friggin song. Should be tied up and shot between the eyes
:shock: Over my dead body :evil: :lol: I love Lady. It is like a walk in the park for me, rather than some of the whiz around the supermarket dances :wink:

No fight Sagitta. I just need to borrow a few moves from Sassy Hips Youngsta and I suspect Brujo wouldn't know what hit him :wink: (I am assuming that Brujo is male :oops: :lol: )

Marc Anthony's English songs are good. Ruben Blades' English songs bug me, though. Somehow seem contrived to me. Lou Bega(Mambo #5, I've Got a Girl, etc) is fun to dance to. There's a song "Salsa en Ingles" by Miguel Oscar y la Fantasia that's just plain ODD. Orqesta de la Luz is now defunct and is now Orqesta de la Sol.

MacMoto

cocodrilo said:
Orqesta de la Luz is now defunct and is now Orqesta de la Sol.
I thought they'd got back together -- a friend of mine went to their (De La Luz's) concert in Tokyo in February this year. Or have they split again?

Dance Ads