Throwaway oversway

etp777

Definitely appreciate the analysis myself. As I know looking at theh two pictures to start, sure looked identical to me. :) But can see the differences now. Since I'm working on this step myself, definitely appreciate learning the details.

waltzguy

An aside: how nice to have the woman in slacks so that you can see not only her legs but also the man's leg behind - its almost a shame that the seemingly interlocking standing leg line, in addition to the outer picture line is not seen when it is danced.
I think this is the reason why some ladies wear pants in teaching-DVDs.

wish you wouldn't (stop that is). I find the analysis fascinating since once its revealed I can see what you mean. The only worry I guess is that the first picture was not a fair representation of that couple's dancing - but really that does not matter since it is serving not as a personal critisim (we all have bad days) but as an excellent general teaching tool. I would be happy to use one of us for the same analysis, any embarassment would be far offset by the education...
OK elise, give me a picture of you (dancing) and I will be happy to look at it and tell you what I think. I promise to give you some constructive criticism that you can practice and improve upon. You can do it either as a PM or as the thread, however you like to do it and are comfortable with, is fine with me.

Dancepro

What a great idea! We can have a critique thread... Get right on it (soon as I can find a picture where I look perfect that is :p)....

[Actually I am serious...]

What a great idea! We can have a critique thread... Get right on it (soon as I can find a picture where I look perfect that is :p)....

[Actually I am serious...]
My dear elise, you might be the only one willing to stand forward and be taken apart.;) I am not sure a thread would be welcomed like that, that gives people critique on their pictures. Maybe you should check with others. I am not trying to take away the idea, I am just not sure many would be willing to do it. I must say however I do admire your courage. Just a little piece of advice don't have your favorite picture taken apart. It will never look the same after-wards.

Dancepro

Dance Ads