Today I am wearing... club

Peaches

goin' commando, Peaches? :p
Technically, yes, I suppose.

More like, though, going nekkid...except since it's nighttime and I'm doing stuff around the house (which requires lights) and we only have sheer curtains up, I've got to put on something to do a basic cover-up.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
er...okay...I have nail polish on too...but nver wear jewlry other than my wedding ring unless I am going someplace fancy...hmmm...is this a new thread?

white silk T, square neck line, black slacks, tanned knee highs, flat sandals. Oh, hair in a pony tail, 1 1/2 inch gold rod earrings and bracelet (fake of course) - finished off with a schizophrenia-society-support gold pin shaped like an iris.

Peaches

Wow. I'm always impressed by people who manage to accessorise on a daily basis. I figure, I managed to get my wedding sets on, and my watch, and I'm ahead of the game. Thank goodness I never have to screw with my earrings.

Wow. I'm always impressed by people who manage to accessorise on a daily basis. I figure, I managed to get my wedding sets on, and my watch, and I'm ahead of the game. Thank goodness I never have to screw with my earrings.

Well, its all about care-giving I think. When you have a child (and a job) there is no time for anything - not even personal hygene let alone primping so everything goes out of the window. However, when that child finally leaves home you get to indulge in self stuff simply because you became more efficient - not to mention the sea of time available when you escape from a, shall we say, destructive relationship. So, yes, I do spend some time on myself - and as you get older you really do need to, especially if you are going to keep up something so visual as competetive dance (which I am sure will resonate with many here).

Come to think of it, a thread for body and mind maintenance for the older competitor might not be a bad idea - except, of course, that few would admit it.....

Peaches

Well, its all about care-giving I think. When you have a child (and a job) there is no time for anything - not even personal hygene let alone primping so everything goes out of the window. However, when that child finally leaves home you get to indulge in self stuff simply because you became more efficient - not to mention the sea of time available when you escape from a, shall we say, destructive relationship. So, yes, I do spend some time on myself - and as you get older you really do need to, especially if you are going to keep up something so visual as competetive dance (which I am sure will resonate with many here).

Come to think of it, a thread for body and mind maintenance for the older competitor might not be a bad idea - except, of course, that few would admit it.....
That makes sense. I don't know if I'd end up being that way, even if the mitigating circumstances were the same, but it makes sense.

I'm just more of the farm girl, throw something on that gets the job done, never managed to look put-together, never actually mindful of my body (oh the bruises/cuts/scrapes from the farm--my m.i.l.-to be thought I was self-injurious), type. Runs in the family...my mom is the same way.

Peaches

Gots to go shower and get ready.

Will be wearing short cut-offs, white Victoria's Secret athletic tee, my summer shoes. Not commando.

Dance Ads