total beginner: easy moves that work (on anyone)

matty, I'll check out that video when I am in a place where I can do so. Meanwhile, I have to correct one more thing in my last posting. It's: You lead the lady to your left (a regular outside turn), then right (inside turn), and then left (another OUTSIDE turn)...

hi ray

just trying to picture that move,

i found this under figure 8 in youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK7NL5IeqZA

yes its a really good casual move , i saw a lot of people doing that kind of thing in cuba, and had picked it up myself. didnt know it had a name.

matty, I just took a look at this clip, and the figure I described (also called Left-Right-Left Turns) is simpler. Leading the lady into an outside turn (involving a 5th position break), and inside turn (using an outside partner break), and an outside turn--all in a row.

By the way, one video that is fairly painless and well-reviewed (in my opinion) is The Quick & Dirty Guide to Salsa - Part 1. Check it out on Amazon. Taught by a girl named Gigi (I think she is Cuban or Cuban-American), it has a lot of salsa moves. It's been a while since I've seen this series, but I believe they are part of the salsa rueda canon of patterns.

matty, I just took a look at this clip, and the figure I described (also called Left-Right-Left Turns) is simpler. Leading the lady into an outside turn (involving a 5th position break), and inside turn (using an outside partner break), and an outside turn--all in a row.

By the way, one video that is fairly painless and well-reviewed (in my opinion) is The Quick & Dirty Guide to Salsa - Part 1. Check it out on Amazon. Taught by a girl named Gigi (I think she is Cuban or Cuban-American), it has a lot of salsa moves. It's been a while since I've seen this series, but I believe they are part of the salsa rueda canon of patterns.
nice! , i checked a preview of it on the net , i like the different angles they use and she is using some colombian salsa tunes that are faves of mine!
baught it straight away :) thanks.

unfortunatly im having trouble visualising the move your describing to me as i have no idea what is a 5th position break and a open partner break. neither do i know what is a inside and outside turn ;)

how does it compare to moves such as guapeo, enchufla,dile que no? can it be thaught of as versions of those moves with a difference?

or the "simple turn" (woman turns clockwise on the spot on 567) hmm why doesnt the simple turn have a saucy spanish name like the rest :(

nice! , i checked a preview of it on the net , i like the different angles they use and she is using some colombian salsa tunes that are faves of mine!
baught it straight away :) thanks.

unfortunatly im having trouble visualising the move your describing to me as i have no idea what is a 5th position break and a open partner break. neither do i know what is a inside and outside turn ;)

how does it compare to moves such as guapeo, enchufla,dile que no? can it be thaught of as versions of those moves with a difference?

or the "simple turn" (woman turns clockwise on the spot on 567) hmm why doesnt the simple turn have a saucy spanish name like the rest :(
Matty, hope you enjoy the video... As for the dance terms, maybe you can find some clips on YouTube. Best of luck, and enjoy the new adventure of dance!

Dance Ads