USDC - U.S. Dance Championships

Anyone know the deal on getting the best deal for tickets to Universal / other parks I was quoted $86 for a 2 park 7 day pass for Universal through AAA and I wanted to see if there was any other better deals out there?

I am just venting here, as only you nice people on this forum will understand. I hurt myself practicing onTuesday and it is still pretty bad, right now I can't dance at all so competing next week is looking very doubtful. Family and friends are sympathetic but don't really understand how disappointed I am. Also I am on the older side of the age spectrum and it terrifies me that time may be running out. I just need to reach out and tell someone.

mamboqueen

This happened to me right before Manhattan this year, Gingerbread. I just had to stop practicing for the entire week before and get a massage before heading down for the 5+ hour car trip. I muddled through it, although in pain again afterwards. I'm not sure which part of you is hurting, but maybe you can just try to lay off for the week and see how you feel. If it's not too bad, your adrenaline should help you through it. Of course, if it's still bad next week.....don't want to risk hurting yourself further.

This happened to me right before Manhattan this year, Gingerbread. I just had to stop practicing for the entire week before and get a massage before heading down for the 5+ hour car trip. I muddled through it, although in pain again afterwards. I'm not sure which part of you is hurting, but maybe you can just try to lay off for the week and see how you feel. If it's not too bad, your adrenaline should help you through it. Of course, if it's still bad next week.....don't want to risk hurting yourself further.
Sciatic pain, hurts when walking, stairs really bad. I am having massages and we'll see. Thanks for the good thoughts, I will keep hope alive.

latingal

gingerbread, I am very sorry to hear that you are injured...and I do understand how disappointing this must be right before usdsc. I'm sure you're thinking about all the hard work you've put in to get to this point. But do keep your spirits up, will be sending positive healing vibes your way.

reb

Sciatic pain, hurts when walking, stairs really bad. I am having massages and we'll see. Thanks for the good thoughts, I will keep hope alive.
Do what the docs say (and stretch, etc.) and it can get better even if its quite a shocker right now - important is that you continue your positive attitude - I had sciatica with extreme pain even when not walking a little over a year ago, but now its subsided - there's hope!
:banana:

Quick recovery for you and rest until you need to dance - I am sure that if you take care of yourself and think positive you will feel better than ever!

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
I am just venting here, as only you nice people on this forum will understand. I hurt myself practicing onTuesday and it is still pretty bad, right now I can't dance at all so competing next week is looking very doubtful. Family and friends are sympathetic but don't really understand how disappointed I am. Also I am on the older side of the age spectrum and it terrifies me that time may be running out. I just need to reach out and tell someone.
sending my very best healing vibes

Laura

OH my gingerbread! Hang in there...sometimes it's amazing what some rest, some ice, some compression, some anti-inflammatories, some stretching, and some judicious taping can do.

I hope it works out so you can dance!

Dance Ads