USDC - U.S. Dance Championships

Thanks for the results SDsalsaguy. Does anyone have results for the Professional International Style 10 Dance Championship Standard Section? Thanks!

mamboqueen

Her; we used to dance at the same studio together. I don't think I'm giving anything away by saying she placed first (because there are so many different levels/age groups). So, big high fives to her.

Comp websites usually don't post results until a few days after the competition is over. :( I'm surprised dancesportinfo.net doesn't have anything yet. They are usually quick with the big comps.

Laura

Yes, I know but, I'm wondering how they did in the standard half last night.
I'm guessing that it's because the competition is still in progress (meaning, the Latin half hasn't been danced yet) that the results of the Standard haven't been announced. I haven't checked the NDCA rule book, but I know in USA Dance they aren't supposed to give results half way through.

SDsalsaguy

Administrator
Staff member
I'm guessing that it's because the competition is still in progress (meaning, the Latin half hasn't been danced yet) that the results of the Standard haven't been announced. I haven't checked the NDCA rule book, but I know in USA Dance they aren't supposed to give results half way through.
I could be wrong, but my understanding is that because each dance is scored separately across both styles Laura is exactly correct.

Oh yeah, for those interested:

Pro RS Smooth
1. Mayo Alanen & Lisa Vogel
2. Gary McIntyre & Susan Kirklin
3. Eric Hudson & Michelle Hudson
4. John Selby & Irina Chalkevitch
5. Vladimir Kosarev & Vera Kosarev
6. Joe Howard & Leisa Howard
Congrats to Mayo and Lisa! Definitely one of my favorite couples dancing smooth right now. I had trouble keeping track of them in the semi-final at Embassy. Not sure if they had a rough round or if it was dress color issue. When Lisa is wearing her emerald green dress I can't seem to take my eyes off this couple.

A credit to them for bouncing back after what must have been a disappointing result at Embassy.

I really like them too - she is a special dancer.
I agree! She has such command and presence. There are times out there when I feel like she demands the attention of everyone in the room and gets it!

I also love their bold choices in their choreography. They start their waltz with this huge standing foot spin and have some amazing moments in their tango and foxtrot as well.

Excited to see how they can take this momentum into the Open category.

I wish I was there to watch the Open Smooth live. The result at Embassy was so close. (JT & Tomas - 2212, Eddie & Valentina - 1133, Hunter & Maria 3321)

With one or two top couples added to the mix, it seems like it is anyone's event to win which is quite rare in dancesport.

Dance Ads