Viennese Waltz Songs

First I would like to say hello to all of you. I have been lurking on the boards for a while and find all of you very helpful and encouraging to everyone who posts. This really is a wonderful forum to find!

To give you a little background of myself I have been dancing for four years, the last two focusing on International Smooth.

I have a question that I hope all of you may be able to assist with. I am getting married in July and my fiance (whom I met thru friends at the dance studio!) and I are looking for a Viennese Waltz for our first dance. I have done some queries online but the best we have found so far are I'll be from Edwin McCain and Ice Cream from Sarah Maclaughlin. Does anyone know of sites that have a nice list of songs or does anyone have any thoughts?

Thank you!
Scott

Twilight_Elena

First of all, welcome to DF, millersc72! :D It's very encouraging to see lurkers register and participate to our discussions!
First of all, have you tried DF's search function? If you search for "Viennese Waltz" in the Ballroom Forum and search through the results, you can find very interesting information!
Secondly, why don't you Google a bit? :wink: Search for "Viennese Waltz Songs" and you'll find many lists and reccomendations. It requires patience and persistence, as all things Internet-y. :roll:
Good luck!

Twilight Elena

Thanks Everyone

I appreciate the feedback and hello to all of you.
I have actually perused the dance forums as well as scouring the internet. There just doesnt seem to be a nice listing of music for the Viennese.
I'll keep at it.
I had hoped people may have some thoughts on music that may make a nice first dance.

Thank you all for your feedback,
Scott

Mitra

I haven't danced much Viennese Waltz, but one song I heard recently that seemed to match with the style was "You and Me" by Lifehouse, more modern if that's what you're looking for.

Thanks again

I appreciate alll the replies.
They are all very much appreciated!

We are definately looking for more modern.
We had initially been interested in Disney's Once Upon a Dream but it changes temp far to often.
We have also heard that there is a faster version of So this is Love but havent been able to find it.
So that has left us both searching for new music.

We are leaning more towards modern with lyrics that have meaning at this point. All of your help is definately appreciated! When I am done searching for music I will be sure to post a list so others can have a place to look.

Thank you all so very much, all of you are extremely helpfull!

bordertangoman

In AT there is dance called Vals which uses the same waltz beat
You can find this music on the website:
w w w
danzaymovimiento
dot com

where you can listen to snippets of tunes

Medira

Personally, I like Norah Jones' "Come Away With Me", though it may be a bit slow for what you want...

Maybe "Runaway" by The Corrs?

I need to think on this a bit...

The list I promised

I have composed a list of some of the most common V. Waltzes I have found branching from modern to classical. The sources are vast... ranging from the message boards to various sites. I have listed the sources that I pulled the information at the bottom of the post (there are many others on the sites as well):

Song Artist/Soundtrack
A Day in the Country -Dean Martin
All I'll ever Ask -Najee
Amelie Waltz
At Last Etta James
Carribean Blue -Enya
Charade -SDR Big Band
Chim Chim Cheree Disney - Mary Poppins
Delilah -Tom Jones
Erin Shore -The Corrs
Falling In Love with Love -Gearge Shearing
Flora's Secret -Enya
Fly Away Lovers -Alma Cogan
Harry Potter Theme -Harry Potter
Hear you Me -Jimmy Eat World
Hijo de la Luna -Maria Ines
I'll Be -Edwin McCain
I'm so proud -The Impressions
I'm with You -Avril Lavigne
Iris -Google Dolls
Jesus is Love -Commodores
Kiss From A Rose -Seal
Lover -Geoff Love Orchestra
Moon River -Breakfast at Tiffany's
Morning has Broken -Cat Stevens
Oh Jean -The Proclaimers
Once Upon a Decemeber Disney - Anastasia
Only Hope -Mandy Moore
Ordinary Day -Vanessa Carlton
Out of My Dreams -Victor Silvestor & the Silver Strings
Ques Sera Sera -Doris Day
Said the Little Moment -Alma Cogan
Show Me the Way -Styx
The Blue Danube -Alfred Hause Orchstra
The Mood Im In -Jack Jones
Theme from "The Thornbirds" -James Galway & Phil Coutier
Time -Chantal Kreviazuk
Under Paris Skies -Ray Coniff
Under the Bridges of Paris -Ertha Kitt
Until -Sting
Waltz to the Death -Danny Elfman - Batman Soundtrack
What's New Pussycat T-om Jones
When Irish Eyes are Smiling -Frank Patterson
Wives and Lovers -Ronnie Aldrich
Wonderful World -Elvis Presley
You and Me -Lifehouse

http://www.dancesportmusic.com/vw.html
http://www.dance-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=3359
http://www.ballroomdancers.com/Music/search_style.asp?PageNum=2&Dance=Viennese Waltz&Style=
http://ballroomdancemusic.info/Rhythm/VienneseWaltz.htm

I hope it can be of use to others

Oooh, I hadn't even thought about the Harry Potter theme song!

I'd like to add one that I stumbled across recently (read: this morning on the car on the way to work)

Breathe (2am) - Anna Nalick

Dance Ads