What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

DH and I reached a bit of a plateau and spent the past month re-evaluating where we are vs. where we want to be. We decided on a change in instructors and have narrowed it down to a choice of two. We'll make a final decision this week and feel that making this change is getting us excited once again!

debmc

It looks like there will be room for me to do a little smooth at my next comp... first time competing in smooth... feels abit odd to have a first again.... first time at rhythm when I started, first time at latin a couple of years ago, now first time at smooth....

twnkltoz

I seem to have really blossomed in the last year in WCS. I started doing Jack & Jills again (after 12 years) and am doing well. I get to dance with a lot of really good dancers, and they like it, and I get a lot of compliments. I feel like I've just taken huge strides in the past year, and it feels really good! Although yesterday I sat down with a coach and went over a comp video and she gave me things to work on that will totally screw me up for a while until I get them incorporated. Daunting in the short term, exciting in the long term!

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
then again, used to hate standard and it now is arguably the most improved, and possibly my best (and I am enjoying it...gasp), smooth is having to fight to get back there...but this week was promising....latin, well, that is another story all together...I mark quite well in it most of the time, but I am currently ambivelent....things are always shifting in my dance life...a sign I think of his skill and my dedication...

debmc

Yes, when you have a pro that is skilled at all 4 dances, it makes it hard to choose! I had decided to stick to latin, then I added smooth, lately I have been missing rhythm, but standard?.... I don't think so.....

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
never say never...if anyone would have told me that I would come to love standard, I would never have believed it...even with the pro I have, and all of his skill...it took 4 years for me to convert :)

samina

never say never...if anyone would have told me that I would come to love standard, I would never have believed it...even with the pro I have, and all of his skill...it took 4 years for me to convert :)
I remember the days when you would never have believed it possible...:)

Glad you're enjoying it.

Mr 4 styles

I don't think so.... I'll leave the 4 styles to you and Fasc!
LOL

thanks umm I guess

and fasc does it pro am !!!! that is amazing!! I do all four with the mrs am/am but only three with pros

cant seem to talk Heather Smith into dancing with me LOL just kidding ( I wish)

Dance Ads