What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

debmc

Lessons today... covered latin... still have to get on my foot faster, but samba, paso and jive are looking better. Then we did our first pretend competition round in smooth.... to make sure I could actually do it... it went well. I said I would decide today if I would include VW in my next comp... I guess I will..., overall a nice lesson....

SwayWithMe

I'm competing in Standard for the first time next month. My gown arrived yesterday, and we ran everything in costume during today's lesson. Dancing with floats was an interesting experience!

SwayWithMe

New ideas about head weight in coaching yesterday made a huge difference. Excited to apply this through everything!!

Back to compliments: I was chatting with a new face at the party last Friday, said she used to teach "decades ago," and that she was very much enjoying watching me dance. I thanked her and said something about how much I love it and that I put in a lot of hours, and about my upcoming comp. She asked whether I teach *all* the dances. (Why do people always assume that I teach?!?) LOL I'm still amused by her reaction to me saying I'm not a teacher -- mouth open aghast, "OMG, you're a *student*?!? You're fantastic!" Makes me wonder a bit about her teaching background...

FancyFeet

Had my very first experience of feeling like I was floating (instead of my usual smooth, but working) during a wall or two of waltz this week. Awesome feeling, and now I just need to figure out how to feel that all the time.

My first reaction was 'let's do that again'!

debmc

Had my very first experience of feeling like I was floating (instead of my usual smooth, but working) during a wall or two of waltz this week. Awesome feeling, and now I just need to figure out how to feel that all the time.

My first reaction was 'let's do that again'!
I had that as well... it made me realize why people love smooth/standard...... a very connected floaty feeling when it goes well!

debmc

Viennese Waltz has always been one of those dances that I did not do... not a clue... and now, today, there I am viennese waltzing (?) to music with pro, and it actually feels good.. ( no clue how it looks), and I am just amazed....

Wannabee

Went to a multi-studio dance party last night. So glad I can finally follow most of the leaders enough to enjoy social dancing. Danced all night and only had a couple of awkward moments that required a full stop/restart (and perhaps one of those wasn't my fault lol). Since I had never danced with most of these leaders before, I consider that a testament to the improvement of my following skills :) .

And the occasional dances that I got to do with my pro, a little slice of heaven flying around the floor, following him while he navigated lots of traffic, direction changes at full speed, etc. It was a great night of dancing. And to think I almost didn't go...

Dance Ads