What (if any) instrument/s do you play?

flashdance

Just out of interest... and do you play for fun/casual or professionally (i.e. band/studio player etc)

I'll be investing in a piano which should be interesting learning how to play... great balls of fire :lol: :cool:

pygmalion

Violin, flute and voice. Back in the stone age. :lol: But it's funny how those (thousands of) hours of practice and theory class enhance my abillity to dance, to this day. :cool:

Lioness

I still play piano, and occasionally pick up my flute. I'm quite good at the first; not so much at the second. I also sing (but not in public much anymore) and dabble in guitar.

But, yeah, I'm a piano girl all the way. I love it.

But, yeah, I'm a piano girl all the way. I love it.
Lioness I'm a piano girl too! :) And I like other keyboard instruments as well. For fun and a bit of contemplation; there are many meditative piano pieces like nocturnes by Chopin.

flashdance, go for it! Learn how to play the piano!

Lioness

Lioness I'm a piano girl too! :) And I like other keyboard instruments as well. For fun and a bit of contemplation; there are many meditative piano pieces like nocturnes by Chopin.

flashdance, go for it! Learn how to play the piano!
Chopin...amazing. I love my Chopin...Nocturne Op. Posthumous in C# minor and Nocturne in E minor (Op. 72?) are my favourite.

I also love Rachmaninoff and Debussy. My performance program for the end of year has a Rach prelude, the Chopin Nocturne in C# minor, and two pieces by Debussy - Golliwog's Cakewalk and Reverie.

Chopin...amazing. I love my Chopin...Nocturne Op. Posthumous in C# minor and Nocturne in E minor (Op. 72?) are my favourite.

I also love Rachmaninoff and Debussy. My performance program for the end of year has a Rach prelude, the Chopin Nocturne in C# minor, and two pieces by Debussy - Golliwog's Cakewalk and Reverie.
Lioness how wonderful! And I'm overjoyed that you (like me) continue to play the piano!

Phil Owl

Phil Owl, and I noticed that your bear plays a mean saxophone! :)
:uplaugh:

Odd story behind that image, dates back to about 1982 or so, I was camping with some friends near Santa Barbara CA, and during the night, I could swear I heard something like either a bear roaring or somebody playing a baritone sax really badly.

There's also a novel I have in my library called 'The Bear Comes Home" by Rafi Zabor about a jazz alto-sax-playing bear that just wants to be taken seriously by humans, quite a hilarious read.

Phil Owl

Here's a sampling of my recent musings, my hands and torso make an appearance on the last song ("Not Responsible for What Happens Next") :mrgreen:

[YT]usmrxYPtU8g[/YT]

Dance Ads