What kind of ballroom dance do you think of when you hear Daft Punk's new "Lose yourself to dance"?

Daft Punk - Lose Yourself to Dance
The new song, been on the MTVs and maybe the radio

Obviously could Hustle to it, but it'd be kinda slow. I feel like maybe it's also a foxtrot beat? What do you guys think? I would like to do some slower dance to it

DanceMentor

Administrator
Great tune, and if you haven't ever heard of Nile Rogers, I suggest you Google the name. He is arguably the most influential person in music living today.

vit

Yeah, tempo is right for WCS but it's really boring to dance on, no breaks, no accents, everything repeats forever. But could be used in some beginners class for practicing those basic moves

opendoor

What kind of ballroom dance do you think of ...
Speaking frankly, none. You cannot judge only by the speed or tempo. Quotations, orchestration, citations are as important. It's fusion music with a hint of 70s retro sound in it. So hustle would fit, but boogaloo would also do. I find for wcs dynamics and plasticity are missing.

Speaking frankly, none. You cannot judge only by the speed or tempo. Quotations, orchestration, citations are as important.
Lol, what? The intention was for you to google and listen to the song, and then judge by that

suburbaknght

Daft Punk - Lose Yourself to Dance
The new song, been on the MTVs and maybe the radio

Obviously could Hustle to it, but it'd be kinda slow. I feel like maybe it's also a foxtrot beat? What do you guys think? I would like to do some slower dance to it
I'd do hustle. I like slow hustle.

hereKittyKitty

Administrator
Staff member
dude in the red and white stripes ... definitely the one to emulate!
Or the couples starting at 1:54. Seriously, this song is so funky-why constrain it to Ballroom Dancing. Side Note- I'm a big fan of Nile Rodgers. When I first heard this song I thought "wow, that sounds like Chic!"....oy!:dancingbanana: No wonder.

Dance Ads