What's with the little colored squares?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bordertangoman

DanceMentor said:
I will probably make it impossible to have a "negative reputation", but very possible to have an increasingly positive reputation. That should alleviate any concerns that people will manipulate the system in a harmful way.
doesn't that defeat the point of having a reputation? If we're all portayed as angels isn't that a) unrealistic (except in fascination's case,) b) boring c) rose tinted?

IS there somewhere the scale of what comes after what is listed, or the rep points or something?
Edit: I have rep??? But I havent been posting since this whole thing started :D! YAY!!
On other forums you can see the comments left, and who left them, can we do that here? Or not... Can you even leave comments, I havent tried to give someone rep yet!

SDsalsaguy

Administrator
Staff member
bordertangoman said:
doesn't that defeat the point of having a reputation?
Not really. Newer viewers/posters will still be able to see whcih posters oppinions are more widely esteemed within the community. At least I think that's the idea. :?

(Obviously the rankings won't show much of a "spread" in just these past few days, but think about 1-2 months down the line and beyond.)

SDsalsaguy

Administrator
Staff member
chandra said:
Edit: I have rep??? But I havent been posting since this whole thing started :D! YAY!!
Doesn't matter. Any of your older posts can be "aproved" now that this feature is in play, not just the newer ones.

and123

Michelle DiMascio said:
Hey Larinda, Mambo Queen, and123:

I just voted for y'all, you'd better vote for me!
Done. Unfortunately I apparently spread *too* much love again and have been banished from colored-square sandbagging for 24 hrs.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
bordertangoman said:
doesn't that defeat the point of having a reputation? If we're all portayed as angels isn't that a) unrealistic (except in fascination's case,) b) boring c) rose tinted?
:confused: I assume that was tongue planted firmly in cheek

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
and123 said:
Done. Unfortunately I apparently spread *too* much love again and have been banished from colored-square sandbagging for 24 hrs.
welcome to my world...appparently I have way too much love to give:cool:

Peaches

Why all the hullabaloo over the little colored squares, people???

It's a fun, frivolous feature. Kind of amusing in a yet-another-way-to-waste-time kind of way.

If it bothers you, then ignore them. Sheesh.

chandra said:
IS there somewhere the scale of what comes after what is listed, or the rep points or something?
On other forums you can see the comments left, and who left them, can we do that here? Or not... Can you even leave comments, I havent tried to give someone rep yet!
Right now, I am keeping the comments hidden so that this feature is not abused (ex. someone leaves a very negative comment toward another person).

Katarzyna

the little squares are so strange.. I noticed them only after I saw this thread earlier today... I was reading about them and was trying to figure out what is everyone discussing...

latingal said:
Hmm....pretty soon we'll be bartering for "love points"...and cornutt - count me in as one of those very easily amused.
I like that idea better! I think that we should call them love points lol. I feel so unloved, but yet I have no idea what green means. Is there some sort of legend that we can look at or something lol?

DanceMentor said:
I will probably make it impossible to have a "negative reputation", but very possible to have an increasingly positive reputation. That should alleviate any concerns that people will manipulate the system in a harmful way.
But what if one person is more positive than the other? How does that change the negative reputation lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dance Ads