What's your favorite quote and why?

Aura

"Here my powers rest from their high fantasy, but already I could feel my being turned-instinct and intellect equally as in a wheel whose motion nothing jars-by the Love that moves the Sun and the other stars."

(From The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri)

"Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity and registering wrongs"

(From Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte)

These two quotes come from my favorite poem and novel respectively. I can't really describe what they mean to me, but I adore their sheer beauty and poignancy.

bordertangoman

Thich Nhat Hanh

"Many of us practice sitting meditation in order to run away from suffering...we behave like a rabbit going back into its hole in the earth in order to feel protected...We do this because we suffer so much, we want some kind of rest, some kind of running away. But that is not the true purpose of meditation...We have to use our intelligence and concentration to get insight, transform the suffering within, and become a Buddha, an enlightened one, a free person...Without suffering, without the understanding of suffering, true happiness is impossible."

chomsky

"Many of us practice sitting meditation in order to run away from suffering...we behave like a rabbit going back into its hole in the earth in order to feel protected...We do this because we suffer so much, we want some kind of rest, some kind of running away. But that is not the true purpose of meditation...We have to use our intelligence and concentration to get insight, transform the suffering within, and become a Buddha, an enlightened one, a free person...Without suffering, without the understanding of suffering, true happiness is impossible."
so so true...so so hard to do just that...

Dance Ads