What's Your Favorite Samba?

Joe said:
That one says Jive to me more than it says Samba.
maybe it depends on the version.... the version I have of it is definately a samba too. (nothing like a jive), but there could be one out there that is a jive.

JohnLL said:
La Muchacha Turka... Hakim
This is a cover of Simarik, by Tarkan.
The original version is much nicer samba, with a sharper beat.

And while we're at it:
Pon de Replay - Rihana

Love the song. But can anyone actually tell me what the title means?

bluetango said:
Right now on my practice playlist are:
- "Sex" Eli Kokkinou (this song is a great samba, but gets too clubby at parts...which I just edited out, to make a great 2 minutes samba)
Please humor a marginally computer literate old fart...how do you edit a song? I have a few that could use editing, but haven't a clue how.

Joe

You use something like Adobe Audition to clip out the offending parts. You may need to do some massaging to merge the remaining parts together.

Peaches

I can't believe someone else mentioned "Woke Up This Morning" by Alabama 3 as a samba! I've always listened to it and thought it sounded like one, and then stopped myself thinking...it can't be. I guess I'm not completely off-base!! I also like it as WCS.

On another note (yes, I know...it's late), I love "Pon de Replay" by Rihanna as a samba. But for lessons my teacher and I also use it for a quickstep. At first I thought he was crazy, and I felt like I needed to realign my brain. But now I LOVE it for quickstep.

newdancer113 said:
Please humor a marginally computer literate old fart...how do you edit a song? I have a few that could use editing, but haven't a clue how.
I do a lot of audio editing (including music) for clients. I use the predecessor to Adobe Audition (Cool Edit). With my background as a musician, I can usually make edits that sound seamless. I can also use Cool Edit to increase and/or decrease tempi as needed (increasing usually works better), even without affecting pitch.

danceronice

Mas Que Nada by The Black-Eyed Peas
Satellite (Eurovision entry from Germany, IIRC)
Temptation
If I Was A Rich Girl (Gwen Stefani? I don't have my music on this computer)

Dance Ads