Whining Thread #2

cornutt

Uhhh... not to sound unsympathetic or anything, but how crisp do you like your bacon?
Pretty damn crisp, but c'mon. Actually, for the last couple of weeks, I've had a vague feeling that there was something wrong in that area -- nothing I could pin down, but the teeth in that area didn't feel right. I'm wondering now if it was already cracked.

Joe

Mine don't crack. My dentist knows how hard I am on my teeth (heck, that's why I needed the crowns in the first place!), so he makes mine out of gold. Costs a fortune, but at least I've never had a crown crack on me! I think the worst thing that happened was one came loose, and he just glued it back on.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
right...this is why I changed dentists...the current one knows that I grind and clench in my sleep and has built the two that I have accordingly...and no, we won't discuss the cost

cornutt

Yeah. There's no pain quite as excruciating as dental pain. And, to make it even worse, it ain't cheap. *sigh* My sympathies.
Thanks. The funny thing is, I've had so much dental work that it doesn't bother me that much anymore. I take two or three Advils before I go in, and between that and the Novacain. it's bearable. And I like my dentist because she doesn't keep anything hidden from me; she tells me everything that she's doing and what she plans to do.

Peaches

HM Revenue & Customs are chasing my boss. I aint happy about telling them he's not here when he is....
Oh, ick. That's really crappy.

My whines:
a)The coffee I ordered with dinner last night was obviously not decaf, as I'd ordered. So I was wide awake until around 12:30am, and then didn't sleep much after that. Very tired now.

b)For those that don't know, we're having a bit of a weather event here on the east coast. Work is, essentially, closed. I say "essentially" because if we have the means to telework, then we are required to telework; no day off for us. I have my work laptop, so I'm supposed to work from home today. Kind of sucks, but I understand the logic behind the rule, and I completely support it, so it's all good. So I get up, get Artemis (work laptop) set up, turn it on and get it going...and none of the work networks are up. Argh. This does mean that I can't actually work from home today, so I can take the day off like a lot of other people, but I have things I need to do. Also, it's kind of annoying to have woken up to begin work at 7am, have gotten myself caffeinated, only to be able to go back to bed...and not be able to sleep because of the caffeine. Oh well. Sigh.

Oh, ick. That's really crappy.

My whines:
a)The coffee I ordered with dinner last night was obviously not decaf, as I'd ordered. So I was wide awake until around 12:30am, and then didn't sleep much after that. Very tired now.

b)For those that don't know, we're having a bit of a weather event here on the east coast. Work is, essentially, closed. I say "essentially" because if we have the means to telework, then we are required to telework; no day off for us. I have my work laptop, so I'm supposed to work from home today. Kind of sucks, but I understand the logic behind the rule, and I completely support it, so it's all good. So I get up, get Artemis (work laptop) set up, turn it on and get it going...and none of the work networks are up. Argh. This does mean that I can't actually work from home today, so I can take the day off like a lot of other people, but I have things I need to do. Also, it's kind of annoying to have woken up to begin work at 7am, have gotten myself caffeinated, only to be able to go back to bed...and not be able to sleep because of the caffeine. Oh well. Sigh.

how's it going with Hurricane Sandy? a Bit rough and 13' feet tidal surge..

For those that don't know, we're having a bit of a weather event here on the east coast. Work is, essentially, closed. I say "essentially" because if we have the means to telework, then we are required to telework; no day off for us. I have my work laptop, so I'm supposed to work from home today. Kind of sucks, but I understand the logic behind the rule, and I completely support it, so it's all good. So I get up, get Artemis (work laptop) set up, turn it on and get it going...and none of the work networks are up. Argh. This does mean that I can't actually work from home today, so I can take the day off like a lot of other people, but I have things I need to do. Also, it's kind of annoying to have woken up to begin work at 7am, have gotten myself caffeinated, only to be able to go back to bed...and not be able to sleep because of the caffeine. Oh well. Sigh.
hurricane-sandy-frankenstorm-work-home-flood-workplace-ecards-someecards.png

Dance Ads